bryce12

Which programming language do you want to learn?

Thomas, what are you looking to do? Are you into writing programs? Into building webpages? Into making games, mobile applications?

I have no idea. That is one of the problems. By the time I get into something I see something else, get distracted and suddenly I'm knee deep in another project.

I would assume that PHP would be the most benifical to me as I don't often find the need of a program to do something or another but who wouldn't want a website.

I don't really know if we should count Assembly as a language. But i've really been looking into learning a trick or two with assembly just to show off to my fellow coder friends.

Why not? It is a language. I have delved into assembly language and because of its uniqueness is different to most other languages.

Hmm, I know quite a few programming languages, so this question IS quite a challenge! However, I'm not great at C++, and I don't have the time at the moment to learn C++, my friends act really shocked when they find out I don't know how to program in C++! It's a common language, and it is useful to learn, as it's used in many games, software and engines.

But it is definitely one I will learn in the future.

I would want to learn C++. Or any programming language that I could make games in. I'm interested in learning but don't have the time to learn C++.

Depending on what kind of games you would like to do. I'd say that C++ is easier to make a text kind a thing that's more command line but Visual Basic is a lot more pretty and easier to make pretty.

That's just my com2cents.jpg

Depending on what kind of games you would like to do. I'd say that C++ is easier to make a text kind a thing that's more command line but Visual Basic is a lot more pretty and easier to make pretty.

That's just my com2cents.jpg

Well I would just want to create simple games like Pacman. Something easy to make and pass the time with. Or a game along the lines of Pokemon.

Hey guys,

I'm sure you already know a few programming languages. But which programming language do you wish to learn and why? Personally I would like to learn Ruby on Rails as soon as possible. What about you?

Bryce

Excellent question.

I'm not trying to learn a programming language, I'm trying to create one.

But before that, I'm starting at the very beginning. There is a book

The Elements of Computing Systems by Noam & Shimon

That over 12 chapters, gets you building from nand gates all the way up to a full blown working computer. You get to build your own Assembly language, compiler, programming language, Operating System, and virtual machine!

Edited by __Darknite

I want to learn hardcore PHP & MySQL so that I can make cool websites. I also want to learn C++ and C# so that I can develop my own desktop softwares. Whew! I'll gotta learn learn and learn.

I would say Javascript as its something I know very little about and features so much on websites these days with the use of JQuery. I think it will def be one that will be good to have on CVs in the future if not now.

Guest neo

i m also learning php to update sql yog server but im not so good tell me upload a file in database table through php & html form

I am currently learning C++ and C# at my college.

But I would LOVE to learn to develop android apps.

For this though I need to get more familiar with Java.

I would also like to learn Objective C for Apple apps. :)

Edited by Quiver

I want to learn Ruby on Rails too, because I'm gonna learn it in a college class soon and I want to be a bit ahead of everyone else. I think I would've actually learned it too, if I didn't take a class on it, just because I think it's a pretty powerful language and I enjoy learning different languages.

I'm very interested to learn Python and PHP as they are very popular. I'm currently using C#, javascript and VB.Net but I'm still really eager to learn other programming. I have started studying PHP before but because of time constraint and resources I wasn't able to progress much. As with the Python, I'm still researching and learning the basics of it and hopefully be able to learn these two great programming languages. I'm planning to actually have a sample project with these two because I learn faster through practical application. I don't know which IDE to use yet and I really hope that I will be able to these two to my list of skills someday.

I would love to learn C and C++, actually. I'd love to able to develop my own games during my spare time. I might take a course on it after I finish with my current post-graduate program, since the latter leaves me with little time for anything else. But I'm definitely open to learning more. I just want to take my time to ensure that I actually understand what I'm doing.