• Administrators

www.scrawlbug.com (which is actually scrawlbug.wordpress.com)

My guess is it's the redirection, since the underlying domain is different to the displayed one. Though without any knowledge of the checking the app does, I could be talking complete tosh, of course!

Looks like it had something to do with the redirect. It is now showing 260 pages indexed, I show you have 960 so still working on it, but closer :)

It does report that you are not banned from search engines correctly, just not the correct # of pages indexed.

There's a big list of alternatives over at adsensealternatives.org (surprise, surprise!). It's a fairly old list now but still appropriate, I think. A quick search for "top 10 adsense alternatives" should bring back plenty of results, too.

I'm still with AdSense and never had any trouble. I might even reach payout this month... after about three years. Yeah, it's been slow but then I've been doing direct to client work for the last two years, so it's just been accumulating rev share content clicks on about 30 articles.

That should change soon, with the new site. I hope. :)

I understand what you mean about doing an injustice to your members with ads. I have one block on my blog and one line of ads in the forum and that's it. I feel that any more would be spammy overkill, to be honest, but one is fine. It's enough to point out that I'm not made of money and interested clickers help support the site without shoving it in their face and trawling for clicks in every possible way. It's a tough decision, especially for the ethical site owner!

I have a block at the top and a block at the bottom. After two years (most of which I have been mostly putzing around, I must admit), I'm up to a whopping.... $34. LOL... My 19 year old daughter looks at me funny when I check adsense and say, "Woot! 5 cents!!!" Okay, she's 19, she looks at me funny a lot anyway, but still....

Google can tell. Typically they just don't show. I do think you can put text ads more than 3 times though.

I have the maximum of three to a page. However, when I was playing around with my adsense ad formats, I ended up with more than three ads on a page, but they never showed up, so I thought that it just automatically limits it to three being displayed.

Just out of curiousity.... those people who are banned... what do they normally doto get banned?

Which mistakes seem to be the most common/easiest to make? Advice on avoiding those would probably be big help to newbies.

I'm guessing clicking your own ads is a relatively common one?

CLicking your own ads will get you banned is a flash! :)

However, i had a site banned (not my account) from google. It was banned because of the content. lol, apparently they didn't like half naked women... it was probably a chic who reviewed the site. figures.

Looks like it had something to do with the redirect. It is now showing 260 pages indexed, I show you have 960 so still working on it, but closer :( It does report that you are not banned from search engines correctly, just not the correct # of pages indexed.

OMG... I don't know what you did but since you've been checking I've had over 20 spam comments a day. You've got to tell your hangers-on to stop posting their links... :)

Just out of curiousity.... those people who are banned... what do they normally do to get banned? Which mistakes seem to be the most common/easiest to make? Advice on avoiding those would probably be big help to newbies. I'm guessing clicking your own ads is a relatively common one?

THE most common reason is dodgy clicks - that can be clicking your own ads, paying people to do it, joining a traffic exchange for clicks, asking folks to click, joining a group where they click each others' ads... all the usual "they won't catch me" stupidities. Then there are the idiots who scrape content, post copied stuff or build a site with 100% content about PTCs and stuff. Or the ones who put AdSense and fourteen other advertising programs on the same page with two lines of actual content and wonder why they get binned for spewing crap.

I have the maximum of three to a page. However, when I was playing around with my adsense ad formats, I ended up with more than three ads on a page, but they never showed up, so I thought that it just automatically limits it to three being displayed.

CLicking your own ads will get you banned is a flash! :)

However, i had a site banned (not my account) from google. It was banned because of the content. lol, apparently they didn't like half naked women... it was probably a chic who reviewed the site. figures.

Holy frick... I just checked my Adsense account and something is WEIRD WEIRD WEIRD.... I normally have one click through every few weeks.... I have had FORTY FOUR clickthroughs in the past couple of hours. I haven't done it. I quizzed hubby and oldest kids. They didn't do it. Now, I have done a LOT of promotion in twitter and other social media on that page (it's a site with many pages but I'm still building it... only a few pages have actual content.

I am literally freaking out over here. Could someone be trying to get me banned??? I reported it to Google. It's not like they aren't going to notice anyway and I want to be on record as having addressed this the second I saw it. I've gone to FB and Twitter and reminded people NOT to do it. Help??????I'

I'm guessing that if it was 44 different people I'm okay.... if it was one person I'm going to have to prove I didn't ask them to do it...

Don't fret. The simple fact that you've reported it is usually enough.

I've had similar things in the past (though not so significant) and always reported them - the Google folks looked into it on each occasion and reassured me that my account's still in good standing.

This is why it's always a good idea to check in on your account every week or so. :)

Don't fret. The simple fact that you've reported it is usually enough.

I've had similar things in the past (though not so significant) and always reported them - the Google folks looked into it on each occasion and reassured me that my account's still in good standing.

This is why it's always a good idea to check in on your account every week or so. :)

Well, I see that my account has gone from 67 dollars for today down to 18 dollars for today, so I'm guessing my report go through. They didn't send me a message back or anything but it does appear to be resolved to a certain extent. I'm guessing they just removed duplicate clicks to the same advertiser from the same IP....

I read your post to my husband and he died laughing... said, "Do these people know you? You check that thing every few minutes!" LOL Guilty as charged.

• Administrators

OMG... I don't know what you did but since you've been checking I've had over 20 spam comments a day. You've got to tell your hangers-on to stop posting their links... :)

What do you mean? Nothing with that tool would cause you to get spam comments.

Well, I see that my account has gone from 67 dollars for today down to 18 dollars for today, so I'm guessing my report go through. They didn't send me a message back or anything but it does appear to be resolved to a certain extent. I'm guessing they just removed duplicate clicks to the same advertiser from the same IP....

18 dollars in a day? Nice. Send that misclicker my way, eh? :)

What do you mean? Nothing with that tool would cause you to get spam comments.

I know, I was being silly. It was just a coincidence but it made me laugh. :(

This sounds like you were clickcbombed. I know a few guys who were banned from adsense because they were clickbombed. They were from India,so google didnt really restore their account. Thats a bit bad, considering the fact that they made the site completely whitehat. Normally it is done by competitors, so if you think you are being clickbombed, call google support at once.

This sounds like you were clickcbombed. I know a few guys who were banned from adsense because they were clickbombed. They were from India,so google didnt really restore their account. Thats a bit bad, considering the fact that they made the site completely whitehat. Normally it is done by competitors, so if you think you are being clickbombed, call google support at once.

You can call them? I just used the "report an issue" button at the top. Hmmmm.... I guess I'll call Monday am to make sure everything is taken care of.

• 4 weeks later...

I have currently a gold membership (where you cannot edit HTML content), just to try it out and I am not having much luck.

I have different niches and direct sales ads, but it didn't work yet as planed, and for beginners I wouldn't like to pay that much for the premium membership, when you can work traffic in a lot of other ways, and not investing anything.

Its another traffic source, but for now I have my reserves, until I can say something more about it.

Regards!

• 1 month later...

Ads would definitely earn you a reasonable amount of cash but I don't think it will make you rich. Anyway, you got banned from Adsense? What did you do to get banned? I think one reason you still ain't earning is because you don't advertise too much. My friend told me a story about a friend of his. He said the his friend created a website and it looked great! It looked like it was made by a professional. He invested time and money to it but he didn't make one cent, why? Simply because he didn't have members, no matter how great your website looks but if it doesn't get any traffic, all your efforts would be wasted.

Do ads work for you to build revenue? I have Chitika ads up on my site right now and so far I haven't made a damn thing. I know sites that get less traffic than I do that make more then me on ads. I was banned from Adsense so I can't use that. So i'm stuck with using alternatives and Chitika seemed like the best to go with but I have yet to make enough to cash out and make any sort of money from them. I feel like having the ads up is just doing an injustice to my members.

I have worked with google adsense for like 7 months now ,and I'm making a pretty high revenue from the ads on my website. Although I have to say that I had a help from an old friend of mine who is expert on adsense ( 14 years of experience ).