Nathan

What Registrar Do You Use?

I use Namecheap but I'm planning to switch to Gandi at some point because Namecheap is starting to scare me a little bit.

Why are they scaring you?

Namecheap is the best one I've come across so I use it. It has a really user friendly setup and great staff there to support you. The only reason I've ever used anyone else is because GoDaddy has some very good deals on domains but their public image is awful so I'd choose to avoid them most of the time.

Yeh, GoDaddy do some great deals with coupon codes a lot but they don't have the best reputation by supporting SOPA etc...

The key words that keep coming back are 'GoDaddy', I used 1and1 in the past but had horrible customer support, some Indian call centre that had no idea what they were doing. For the last couple years, I've just kept using GoDaddy, I've never seen any problem with them so I'll stick with them.

I have only used GoDaddy before and never used any of the other sites. I honestly do not even know what other sites are available to use because I have not looked. I just got hooked with the GoDaddy commercials and never really looked anywhere else.

I use Godaddy and I have been using them for years. A lot of people claim to have problems with Godaddy, but I myself have never had a single problem. And I always recommend Godaddy to all my friends.

Greg

Except for domains I already registered elsewhere (usually through a reseller of eNom), I usually buy domains from myself. Or, more accurately, through my reseller account at Reseller Club. It's cheaper that way, especially since I own quite a few domains.

I'm still only using GoDaddy, but tried several others that just have a crap interface.  Being part of the discount domain club you get domains for $8 along with renewals so when you have over 40 domains it pays off.