What Programming Language will help me to create automated software?

Best t

Yes, check it out, you won't regret. First timers should use Visual Basic, as it's the easiest one available.

Why does everyone keep saying that? First timers should not use Visual Basic. Yes, it's easy. But it makes learning any language after that so much harder. Visual Basic is only still supported because there are so many people who don't know any different. It should be deprecated as soon as possible.

• 1 month later...

Why does everyone keep saying that? First timers should not use Visual Basic. Yes, it's easy. But it makes learning any language after that so much harder. Visual Basic is only still supported because there are so many people who don't know any different. It should be deprecated as soon as possible.

I disagree with you on this, I learned VB fist and i had no problem learning other languages :P

I also think that vb and C# are very very similar

• 2 weeks later...

For what you're referring to, I believe .NET Visual Basic Framework will be the best solution for you. It does take a little while to learn the language, although there are hundreds, if not thousands, of tutorials covering the subject online so you'll definitely be able to find the help you need with a simple Google search.

• 2 weeks later...

Professional software engineers view here:

Basically you want to write a dynamic bot with custom DSL, that has strong multi-threaded scraping engine?

I'm not going to say that its not possible, you may have an exceptional learning ability. However this is quite a massive task you want to do. It is not as simple as you may think.

You will first need to understand and master a few domains:

* Network stacks, protocols http, ftp, packets, etc

* A SOLID grasp of multiple programming languages

* Writing high performance scraping engines, multi-threaded etc

* Meta-programming (Level 7) and creating DSL (mini programming languages)

If you can handle all the above, then yes it will be possible. There is a reason why there are not that many advanced bot makers (not simple bots) around.

Edited by __Darknite

Imacros for Firefox seems a good choice for your needs. You can also use Roboform for simple tasks such as filling forms etc. However if you are looking for creating standalone programs then uBot or Zennoposter is your best bet.