Nathan

Anonymous OS: Worth the risk?

Well the Anonymous OS seems to me that is 99% same as linux ... :o

That's because it is Linux...

Ubuntu is built on Linux

Mint is built on Linux

Anonymous OS is built on Linux

Anonymous is a large and disorganized group, I can guarantee there are a lot of people who want to be 'part of the action' but don't even know how to join in on a DDOS attack. I haven't even heard of this (though I do remember some Anonymous WinXP releases from a few years ago) but i'm guessing it just contains an easy-to-use DDOS tool (LOIC or whatever they're calling it anymore) and some attempt at online anonymity/security. I still wouldn't run it without removing all my hard drives from the machine first, in case it's largey some 4channer's idea of a prank or harvesting tool.

If anyone wants a truly secure (I hesitate to say 'anonymous' not because of the connotations but because it's really close to impossible online) Linux distro, Liberte is a good choice.

Whether it be from them or not, I wouldnt be using it. I personally wouldnt trust a piece of software from a group who basically makes their own rules in life.

I would definitely have no part in that, I agree that this is most certainly someone attempting to create a bonnet. I would't trust is at all. 

I'm pretty sure it was actually created by whatever department of the FBI who investigates cyber-crime. It just doesn't make sense for them (Anonymous) to create an OS like this when it's a given that most of their members are already experienced computer users.

Well theyre using their experience to build their own OS? What's so hard to believe there?