What is the highest price you sold a forum for?

I was wondering what price you guys normally sell a forum for?

Also it would be good if you can give some stats and the reasons for your pricing.

Data older than 2 year is not necessary, I am looking for a bit more current data. All are welcome to post their views.

Never sold one... I asked this in a round about way. Not too sure members like to give this info out! :(

Thanks for the post, Enemy of Assasins. :)

Never sold one. But I've seen forums being sold for like 100k at Flippa. But they are pretty huge ones with a lot of income.

Thanks for the post K.

I would be glad if some of the guys who had actually sold a forum reply to this thread. Its for educational purposes only. Your contribution will be highly appreciated.

• Administrators

Well I'm currently selling http://starwarzone.net .

I think it will sell for about $400. It ranks on page 1 of google for SWTOR Forums and SWTOR Forum. Star Wars: The Old Republic is the game is targeted at which is growing insanely quick. I just no longer play the game so trying to sell it.

It doesn't make any income currently, so we will see.

DId you already put it into sale? I think you should make some quick Income too. The forum looks Nice and Clean. IOB sure does a better job than VB in forum software.

May be some promotionals and free giveaways to members. I could help you, if you can tell me the demographics.

Okay forget adsense. Its for noobs, no offense. You need to make good money for a month and then flip the forum for good cash. Adsense will never let you do that.

So what about the demographics? Age; Country, Sex etc? Run a simple poll. Offer them something. Get the data. In the meanwhile lemme see what i can find to get that forum going.

$400 bucks is good money for that kind of forum. If it were more active, it would have a better price and all, but as you said, it's a computer game and specific games are a targeted marked, most of the users are not aware of games like that. The same thing happened to me a while back, with a SAMP community. We had around 130-150 members, and around 40-50 players average that were on the server, but when I tried to sell it, no one was interested in buying it. Try it for a couple of weeks and then try dropping your price. Or better yet, try selling it to your users? (dedicated fans of the game and forums will be interested for sure).

• 2 months later...

If I would sell my forum, how much would the bidding start? Would the years affect the price? Also, will the number of members affect it? If it's a unique niche, would it be a bit more pricy? Please do tell, I'm planning on creating a forum maybe I'll sell it after I monetize it. I'm planning on creating 2 forums, so I want to know some ways to earn from it. Thanks & God bless!