43 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Browser?

• Internet Explorer
    • Google Chrome
    • Mozilla Firefox
    • Opera
    • Safari
    • Other

I'm currently using Chrome but I'm not a massive fan of it. Firefox is better as a browser and Firebug is much better than the equivalent thing in Chrome. Opera has the feature where you can stack tabs which I really like and there's no such thing for Chrome which annoys me.

Wow 0 votes for Internet Explorer, how the mighty have fallen! I use Firefox simply because it provides lot of plugins that I use on a daily basis. I have used Google Chrome and it's a good browser but I am paranoid about what Google is tracking so I have stopped using it.

• 2 weeks later...

Firefox for the moment.

Before I started to use Firefox, Opera was my favorite. It was faster and smoother than IE, and it was the first browser had the multi-tab feature which was later copied by other browsers.

My primary browser is Safari. I use Safari because it has a very smooth and fast interface. Though it does not have many customizations, it still gets the job done. I also use Google Chrome. Chrome is truly lightning fast, as it loads pages in a blink of an eye. What makes it unique is its simplicity. There is a tab bar, URL bar, and a few buttons. That's it! You can also add various extensions such as themes and utilities, like AdBlock or FlashBlock. The king of extensions is not Chrome, however. This title belongs to Firefox. Firefox is completely customizable. Themes, personas, you name it! Firefox has it. Even though Firefox is a tad bit slower, and it's simplicity is reduced, it is still an excellent browser. All in all, my favorite browser to use is Safari. It is light, quick, and is just good overall!

I use Google Chrome for its stability, speed, security, simplicity, uncluttered user interface, trustworthy extensions and splendid features. I love the way it updates silently in the background and how easy it is to configure. You don't also have to worry updating adobe flash to the latest version because it is already included in the update.

• 3 weeks later...

Firefox is always the best and will remain the best, simply because of the fact that it very flexible to me ina developer point of view, I can customize it an average user point view. There is so much that you can achieve out from it, making chrome way out off bounds.

At the moment, I am trying out Iceweasel. This is a browser maintained by Debian and 100% compatible to Firefox. The only difference is the name, because of copyright issues. So far so good. There are a couple of others which I will try later, like Swiftfox and Swiftweasel. They are supposed to be faster than Firefox.

At the moment, I am trying out Iceweasel. This is a browser maintained by Debian and 100% compatible to Firefox. The only difference is the name, because of copyright issues. So far so good. There are a couple of others which I will try later, like Swiftfox and Swiftweasel. They are supposed to be faster than Firefox.

Does it offer the same usability as firefox? Also, does it suffer from say, bad memory management like chrome?

Does it offer the same usability as firefox? Also, does it suffer from say, bad memory management like chrome?

Iceweasel, as far as I can make out is exactly like Firefox, except for the name. I have tried three versions: release, beta and aurora. Iceweasel used to lag behind the Firefox updates but now it's almost simultaneously up-to-date with Firefox because, apparently Mozilla has adopted Iceweasel and someone from the Mozilla team is updating the Debian repositories for Iceweasel. The release version is Firefox 10, the beta is Firefox 14 and the aurora is Firefox 15. There is no Iceweasel nightly yet.

All the addons which work with Firefox work with Iceweasel. Actually Iceweasel uses the Firefox addons directly. I have always loved Firefox and today I came upon a bunch of hacks to make Firefox run faster and the hacks actually work for me. More information here:

http://www.techradar.com/news/software/applications/8-hacks-to-make-firefox-ridiculously-fast-468317

I prefer Internet Explorer. It's fast, reliable, and easy to use...

just kidding

In all seriousness, however, I prefer Google Chrome. Google Chrome interface is simple and easy to use. Firefox's, however, is not. With different buttons located all around the screen, I just could not handle it all. With Google Chrome, all of the buttons and programs are located at the top-right of the screen. It's effortless.

Google Chrome provides much faster page loading. It took a second with Chrome to load the main Google page, however with Firefox it took two seconds. Not a big difference, but hey, I want faster page loading! Chrome also has a tight security, which is great as I tend to find my self in spyware-infested sites occasionally.

So yeah. Chrome beats all web browsers!

Edited by Vidya_Gaems

I prefer Internet Explorer. It's fast, reliable, and easy to use...

just kidding

In all seriousness, however, I prefer Google Chrome. Google Chrome interface is simple and easy to use. Firefox's, however, is not. With different buttons located all around the screen, I just could not handle it all. With Google Chrome, all of the buttons and programs are located at the top-right of the screen. It's effortless.

Google Chrome provides much faster page loading. It took a second with Chrome to load the main Google page, however with Firefox it took two seconds. Not a big difference, but hey, I want faster page loading! Chrome also has a tight security, which is great as I tend to find my self in spyware-infested sites occasionally.

So yeah. Chrome beats all web browsers!

I have tried Chrome.

Even Chromium, which is the mother of Chrome. Iron, too, which is the son of Chrome, without any tracking. It is a bit faster than Firefox but it doesn't give much control over the layout. For example, in Firefox, I am used to having my tabs in a sidebar. Plus Yoono in a sidebar, too. I haven't been able to do this in Chrome.

Have anyone used a sidebar in Chrome?

I use Chrome, it's become my favorite, Opera comes really close up, was my choice before Chrome came out, still use Opera on Smartphone.

There was a time when Chrome had a massive crash on my computer and no matter what I tried I could never re-install, don't know what happened. After about a month of just not poking at it, and finding out that the browser had been updated, I decided to try and re-install, everything worked perfectly. During this downtime of not being able to run Chrome, I went back to Opera.

I've honestly never had any problems with Opera, neither on the computer or the smartphone.

I've been using Firefox and it's my favorite browser. I haven't had the chance to really use Google Chrome but a lot of people say it's better than Firefox so maybe I should check it out. I just like how Firefox has a ton of add ons that work really great. I'm not really to aware of what the advantages of Google Chrome are but I know it's supposed to load pages faster.

• 5 months later...
Firefox is becoming too bloated like IE. I used to use it, but now all I use is Google Chrome, it loads the program and pages the fastest.

Why isn't Google Chrome so fast and Stable on my PC as Firefox is? Or does Chrome work better on faster computers and not those still running Windows XP...Share more please.

I personally use Firefox because of they're large library of Plugins and Themes. I like to customize software as much as possible, and Firefox allows me to do that with ease. Chrome is indeed faster, but not so much that it would make me switch.

Right now I am trying out a combo of browsers. Firefox for my regular work because of all the plugins I use. Chrome for Facebook and Twitter because I don't need any plugins for those. And Opera for reading the news because Opera has the turbo option where static pages are served from their own servers.