What can ruin Google?

I say Microsoft can ruin Google.

If Microsoft release a patch to integrate Ads blocker into Windows, Google will suffer since bulk of Google's profit is from Adword ads. If everyone who uses Windows (which is majority computer users) can't see Google Ads, Google won't be able to make most of their money. Sure they might survive, but they will go under, and will have to change their market completely in order to just survive.

• Administrators

You mean if Microsoft integrates an ad blocker in Internet Explorer? If they did would it actually block Google Ads?

If it does I'm not sure it would matter for long, seems that Mozilla FireFox and Google Chrome are picking up market shares in the browser market.

Google Chrome helps Google tracking you. I wouldn't use it.

Nope, I didn't say Microsoft integrate the ad blocker into just IE. If they make it a part of windows, like in default internet options in control panel, or a part of windows firewall, and make it work no matter what browser you use, then Google ads won't be displayed on any Windows based computers which is the majority.

• Administrators

Ah ok I get what you are saying now.

The only reason I use Chrome is due to the synchronization of my bookmarks on all computer and because it loads the pages the quickest on my computer.

Google isn't going to be ruined any time soon. Internet searching is such commonplace, and there's only one real place to go. Google.

Microsoft issuing a patch to block ads would only block ads on Microsoft products, such as Internet Explorer, plus it wouldn't even be legally allowed as it would be classed as 'anti-competitive'.

There are many ad blocker out there. Why is ad blocker illegal? Many people actually do not wish to see ads.

I got this idea just a few days ago when a friend of mine said he can't see any ads on my site because he is using ad blocker. That reminds me more and more people are using ad blocker even though the overall percentage is small.

Ad blocker is totally legal, and if Microsoft implant it as default Windows setting, I believe most people would actually support it. At least most ordinary computer users. It wouldn't be count as anti-competition if Microsoft blocks all ads instead of just Google Ads. It is what ad blocker suppose to do, block all ads instead of just a specific type.

If that happens, Microsft will be fine since their ad network isn't their main source of income. Google on the other hand, air supply will be cut. Wasn't there a lawsuit about Microsoft high official said "cut off the air supply for Netscape"? Microsoft won.

No, I am not saying they truly "forcing" it upon people.

They integrated IE into Windows, which destroyed Netscape, because IE is the default browser in Windows. Although people have the choice to install other browsers, most of them choose to use the default program.

Same with the ad blocker. If Microsoft implant ad blocker into the Internet Option or Windows Firewall as default setting, yet with the option to turn it off, they are not "forcing" people to use it.

I don't see a difference between the two cases.

There isn't a difference, and I'm not saying there is.

However Microsoft would be contested against by Google and it will be taken to court, and it wouldn't be allowed to be implemented until the court has decided, and those battles can take years.

The only way Microsoft could take Google on, would to enter advertising theirselves, and then they could have their own adverts in their browser.

Firs I'd like to comment on this.

I really hate when people say things like this. Do you not see that Google does this to maximize their ad revenue, and so they can display better ads -> LESS ADS. Google is not plotting against you when it collects information, but is simply trying to improve it's especialy for you!

Regarding the topic, I don't think Microsoft would release an ad blocker with IE that would block Google Ads. It's very common for ad blockers to block only huge banners and popups/popunders as those are the most annoying and prehaps even dangerous ads.

Google is messing with Adsense publishers.

They ban people for no reason and won't let them to talk to a real human support. Thousands get banned every day. Money taken. No real reason given. Just search for keyword "adsense banned for no reason" or similar keyword, you will find too many complains.

• Administrators

Your getting tracked 24x7 anytime you are on the net anywhere. There is no getting around that. Whether you are using Google Chrome or IE for Firefox, they know where you are going and where you have been so not a good argument here.

Many people actually do not wish to see ads.

I like the ads, they help me find the relevant content I'm looking for.

I don't think Microsoft can ruin Google. Sure they have technological edge in desktop and software space, but as far as web is concerned, Google is miles ahead. But I do think Google may ruin itself considering the type of changes they have been doing in their algorithm and how many businesses they have ruined with their latest update.

Slowly Bing and Google will be competing. I mean seriously why are you guys comparing. Google is from 1998 and Bing just came in 2008. Wait for some time for Bing to rock your world. As for me I like them a lot.

Slowly Bing and Google will be competing. I mean seriously why are you guys comparing. Google is from 1998 and Bing just came in 2008. Wait for some time for Bing to rock your world. As for me I like them a lot.

Yahoo had been around before Google. Yahoo and acquired technologies from varies search engines before the existence of Google.

Yahoo is now powered by Bing.

Sometimes the most popular might not be the best. It is all about marketing and luck.

Not to comparing really. Just thought I'd point out Google isn't miles ahead of Microsft on the web.

Ram8349, you clearly have an agenda against Google.

Google is miles ahead of Microsoft on the web, you have to simply look at the market shares and actual search figures.

It doesn't even have to be Microsoft that ruins google. The Web browsers can already do that with the ad block apps. I had them on Firefox and I am currently using them on Chrome. I have no more ads anywhere including Google and Gmail.

Google is one of the strongest websites around. I mean Google Search is just one of many products they offer. Google Adsense is currently one of the biggest advertisement companies around now.

Something no one have mentioned yet is that Google runs YouTube. YouTube is one of the biggest websites on the web at the moment (if not the biggest).

Google isn't going anywhere guys.

Google is one of the strongest websites around. I mean Google Search is just one of many products they offer. Google Adsense is currently one of the biggest advertisement companies around now.

Something no one have mentioned yet is that Google runs YouTube. YouTube is one of the biggest websites on the web at the moment (if not the biggest).

Google isn't going anywhere guys.

Everything you mentioned comes back to point at a single thing - Ads.

Google makes bulk of their profit from ads.

Sure they do a few other things, but the total profit combined from other projects is irrelevant compare to their ads money.

Ram8349, you clearly have an agenda against Google.

Google is miles ahead of Microsoft on the web, you have to simply look at the market shares and actual search figures.

Yes I do. Anyone would be thinking the same if they had been in my shoes.

Like I had mentioned in one of my other threads, Google had offered me Adsense to monetize my Youtube videos. 12 days later, they banned me for "risk of invalid clicks". Which is not an legit reason by itself without more details. Try to contact a real human on their part is harder than go to Mars on your own. They treat Adsense publishers like sh1t because they can.

Tell me, what kind of "risk" does youtube video have?"

Note that "Risk of invalid clicks" is different from "invalid clicks". After some experts on Adsense told me about it. It means there had been no "invalid clicks" yet, but a "risk".

Companies treat people like sh1t don't deserve to be around.

Unless you work for Google yourself, I don't see you are in better position than me or any of the millions banned Adsense users. Many innocent people had been banned due to their automatic robots's false alarm. Once you get picked on by the automatic robots out of blue, you are done for 99.9999% the chance. Unless you are famous and can use your big name to get back what belongs to you.

Edited by Thomas
Merged

Everything you mentioned comes back to point at a single thing - Ads.

Google makes bulk of their profit from ads.

Sure they do a few other things, but the total profit combined from other projects is irrelevant compare to their ads money.

Ads? YouTube isn't about adds.

The business suite software they offer aren't running for adds.