Ram8349

How much would you pay for forum posting?

I would pay approximately $0.00 for forum posting. I prefer to do post exchanges and other forum promotions methods to get new posts, and traffic to my forum. But 50 cents is WAY to much to pay or forum posting. I have bought forum posting in the past, I paid $0.10 for each post, and it was decent posting quality.

Edited by bauss

Minimal active members required? I would say two. That's all it takes to start a conversation. And if the two of them are good conversationalists, then just having the two of them populate the forum daily for a week or so should generate some momentum to get the snowball rolling.

Just thought of something.

If, say, you offer three prizes for the top three posters of the month, like 50usd for the first prize, 30usd for the second prize and 20 usd for the third prize, you might get some action.

Reason being that with three prizes, people would feel motivated to take part. I have seen some posting competitions which became just a one-horse race when one very active poster sprints so far ahead of the others that the others just give up.

You can add another condition like the second and third prizes will only be awarded if the second and third top posters have post count within, say, ten percent of the top poster's post count. This will ensure that there will be a steady race to the end.

Those are some big budget prizes. Something that an average forum admin can't afford. :/

Those are some big budget prizes. Something that an average forum admin can't afford. :/

It's more a question of how he monetizes the forum.

I have been on one forum that offered that kind of cash prizes. However their posting contest was not based on post count. It was based on virtual currency. Something like for every post you earn 1VC (Virtual Currency). However if you are a VIP member, you get 2VC for every post you make. Since the VIP membership costs something like one-tenth the cash prize of the posting contest, it's a fair investment because it doubles the rate with which you earn virtual currency.

So, the net result was that the forum made a profit from the posting contest.

Also it depends what your forum is worth to you. People spend money on hosting, talk about spending money on links, posts etc. Why not shell out for money on prizes?

Maybe start out smaller on the prize and run it consecutively for a month or two. It will take some time for the word to get out that you offer contests. Once it does more and more users will show up to win.

I actually delayed the contest ending. So it was running for 2 months really. Only 1 person met the minimal requirement of daily post count per day. So it was a totally waste of money for me.

Only admin can answer that question about the link. However, if you can, I would like to go over to have a look around. Like I said earlier, I like keeping pets. So far I have only been on dog-specific and cat-specific forums. Would be interesting to see what's going on an all-species pet forum.

Since a mod gave the ok, it's here - Petskeepersguide forums

Feel free to join and make some good posts every day. :) Appreciate that!

Sorry! I forgot to post. Yes! Feel free to post your link however support for your specific site might be better in its own specific topic.

I posted it above since you said it's ok. :)

I would pay approximately $0.00 for forum posting. I prefer to do post exchanges and other forum promotions methods to get new posts, and traffic to my forum. But 50 cents is WAY to much to pay or forum posting. I have bought forum posting in the past, I paid $0.10 for each post, and it was decent posting quality.

I am using post exchange from theadminzone. It didn't go well. I was willing to make 5 posts per day on each of those exchangers' forums, none of them did the same. Some even mad at me for remind them of our agreement because he failed skipped 3~4 times in a row multiple times. Another had taken his own site down. While the third have a hard time keep up the posts on his own forum. I can't keep making threads and talking to myself on his forum... while the forum owner himself doesn't even post there much.

Edited by Ram8349

I have been on one forum that offered that kind of cash prizes. However their posting contest was not based on post count. It was based on virtual currency. Something like for every post you earn 1VC (Virtual Currency). However if you are a VIP member, you get 2VC for every post you make. Since the VIP membership costs something like one-tenth the cash prize of the posting contest, it's a fair investment because it doubles the rate with which you earn virtual currency.

What kind of use is there for the virtual currency on that forum?

I have heard of post exchange for forum points before, but not sure what good ideas are out there for how to motivate people trying to earn these points.

What kind of use is there for the virtual currency on that forum?

I have heard of post exchange for forum points before, but not sure what good ideas are out there for how to motivate people trying to earn these points.

Depends on the virtual items you have to sell I suppose. What software are you running for your forum?

Paying for posting isn't always a bad idea. But instead of paying for posting, you should put resources into things that promote your site's longevity. The problem with paying for posts is that it's a temporary fix and the moment you stop paying for it, your site can come to a dead stop.

I have virtual currency on my forum but I never thought I could make use of VIP feature like that! Thanks for the idea! Although I think I'll need to find someone who can modify this for me.

I have virtual currency on my forum but I never thought I could make use of VIP feature like that! Thanks for the idea! Although I think I'll need to find someone who can modify this for me.

What do you want to modify? Actually I should ask, what forum software are you using? I think some forum software already has this feature which is awarding points for posts. I have even seen one where you can award points for number of words in the post.

I believe forum posting service will not help to get some unique post.

Why do you think it won't bring unique content? That's the entire point. Sure, you could end up with a poster who decides copying/pasting is acceptable, but you simply put your foot down and don't allow that. Otherwise, posters are generally paid for *unique* content and it's stated up front that it shouldn't be duplicate.

I believe forum posting service will not help to get some unique post. And it is not the way to get active member. I never used forum posting service before and i hate that too as people post only we post.

Actually, most of the time, they WILL bring you unique posts. If th posting service has a rating system where not having quality is penalized, then yes, you have a very good change of having unique, quality posts given to you.

Actually, most of the time, they WILL bring you unique posts. If th posting service has a rating system where not having quality is penalized, then yes, you have a very good change of having unique, quality posts given to you.

What it wont give you however is returning active members. Im of the belief that these posting services work in the short term however you still have to put the work in to get real members posting and therefore they are somewhat pointless. However its subjective I guess.

What it wont give you however is returning active members. Im of the belief that these posting services work in the short term however you still have to put the work in to get real members posting and therefore they are somewhat pointless. However its subjective I guess.

I don't think anyone use posting service is expecting most of these paid users will return once you stop paying. The point of paid posts is to make your forum look like it is active. So real members might join and participate in the conversation. After a while when you get more and more real members with enough of them to replace the paid members, you no longer need to pay. Content wise I think paid members are not as good in most cases. Many of them just try to get rich quick.

I have started using Postloop, and I found that some members will post 1~2 line all the time. Some of them will try to impress you with 1~2 paragraphs at the beginning. Once you gave them a good rating, their posts become shorter and shorter. Often not even fill the second line with no real content other than I agree with this, I agree with that, then add another half sentence. Those posts have no real value as far as content goes.

I have started using Postloop, and I found that some members will post 1~2 line all the time. Some of them will try to impress you with 1~2 paragraphs at the beginning. Once you gave them a good rating, their posts become shorter and shorter. Often not even fill the second line with no real content other than I agree with this, I agree with that, then add another half sentence. Those posts have no real value as far as content goes.

The same as with any paid service, you have to manage Postloopers. You have to go back and re-rate people regularly (or even irregularly) and keep them under control, especially if their quality drops off significantly. That happens? You throw them out, simple enough.

For best results with Postloop on a new forum you should take the time to start 40-50 threads yourself BEFORE you unleash the posters. This works because most forum posters prefer to write about an existing subject than to start a new one. If you want new posts exclusively then pay someone to do exactly that but expect to pay a little more. If your threads all start to his page 2 and page 3 with very few new posts then pause your campaign and add 50 more new subjects yourself.

Well I second my opinion for Postloop, I think if anyone joins forums to make money then it is not the best way to start. If one has the attitude of enjoying discussions, participating and at the same time getting paid is one way to boost your income even with Forums. I think most of us getting disappointed due to our attitude of earning quick money and the bitter truth is that the real money only comes with hard work.....!

I would personally not pay any amount of money for forum posting unless I am trying to gain traction with a new forum, website, or blog. In fact, I would go so far as to suggest that is the only use in doing so; to gain traction. Thousands of forums rise and fall each and every day, and often fail after acquiring a certain number of members for the simple reason that the circumstances did not make out the forum to be interesting enough to maintain its users. At this point, one needs to realize when to cut their losses, and try another subject. If you have to pay users to keep the posts on your forum running to sustain that illusion of interest, then you are doing something very wrong.