Jump to content
ashimashi

Anyone made any games?

Recommended Posts

Yeah, I have, and I still have it saved on my flashdrive. Sadly, I've lost the knowledge how create precisely the game I did. What I did was an FPS 2d shooter. It was my 2nd project done in visual C+, I was so proud back then and still am to this day. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did not make a single game but I am planning to. I started watching some tutorials on youtube about making a basic, 2D game, if that can be even called basic. Also, I bought some books about codes and programming and I hope they will be helpful when it comes the stuff about making games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What type of game sir? Today I'm making strategy game using Java its like a clash of the clan with a twist as a programmer, I want to make a game like dragon nest I wish I could have some skill to do that I know I'm not good at programming but someday I wish someday I could, thanks for the question.

Edited by diolola456

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, diolola456 said:

What type of game sir? Today I'm making strategy game using Java its like a clash of the clan with a twist as a programmer, I want to make a game like dragon nest I wish I could have some skill to do that I know I'm not good at programming but someday I wish someday I could, thanks for the question.

Dragon Nest is a tough game to make, because it's an Action RPG. RTS is a lot more simple (though complicated in terms of content). What you have to understand that if you make a mistake when making a game similar to Dragon Nest and you'll encounter a bug then you'll need a hell a lot of time to fix it. I suggest you to finish off the RTS game you're making, and only then proceed to a lot more complex games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I made some cool games using Python as my mini project at college. I was learning the course on Coursera and the course required us to submit 7 games which were graded by the peers. It was such a good course and we made some small games like Blackjack, Stopclock, Ping Pong with the help of object oriented concepts of Python and Rice University's free online environment Codeskulptor

I made some cool games using Python as my mini project at college. I was learning the course on Coursera and the course required us to submit 7 games which were graded by the peers. It was such a good course and we made some small games like Blackjack, Stopclock, Ping Pong with the help of object oriented concepts of Python and Rice University's free online environment Codeskulptor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to make a text adventure myself on Python. I tried several text adventures before, Zorks series mostly (I never finished it, though, too complicated for me), and I think it could be an interesting project to work on; it may not be a popular genre nowadays, but from a programming perspective I think you can apply some interesting principles and it doesn't even need a GUI.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know a few people who works for gaming dev companies. One of them works for a mobile platform game and I'm excited to try out the games he helped made. It looks pretty cool! The other one focuses I think on PC and last I heard from her they're trying create the game Glory from an really good anime. The other one I think is also from a mobile game company. I haven't made any games but I am interested in learning how to make them, thanks to the comments above I have an idea on where to start. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, kx8 said:

I know a few people who works for gaming dev companies. One of them works for a mobile platform game and I'm excited to try out the games he helped made. It looks pretty cool! The other one focuses I think on PC and last I heard from her they're trying create the game Glory from an really good anime. The other one I think is also from a mobile game company. I haven't made any games but I am interested in learning how to make them, thanks to the comments above I have an idea on where to start. 

I imagine it's fun to be a gamer who makes games, that way you can create your own perfect game. I suppose :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bravosi said:

I imagine it's fun to be a gamer who makes games, that way you can create your own perfect game. I suppose :)

That's the way of life for my cousin. He was a fan of MMORPG's, but never found the perfect and most suitable one. So now he creates one himself. He made a local company and currently develops a 2D game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/26/2018 at 11:54 AM, Alania said:

That's the way of life for my cousin. He was a fan of MMORPG's, but never found the perfect and most suitable one. So now he creates one himself. He made a local company and currently develops a 2D game.

That's awesome, I personally tried to make a simple 2D game before with my buddy, but we failed miserably. We simply followed instruction on Google, but they weren't detailed enough. Guess an individual must possess the knowledge himself. It was a puzzle game by the way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/7/2019 at 6:26 AM, theresajane said:

If I were to create a game, I would go with browser-based one. Since I don't have a team that will help me with the graphics and all, I'd like to start with a simple game.

Browser games are fun and easy to make, there are even templates out there. But I noticed best browser games are cross platform and usually represent an RTS genre, which is really popular. Action browser games like Fragoria are just weird.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...