I wasn't entirely sure where to put this, so... here it is.

A while ago I published a tiny little ebook called "ReQuiEM" - Really Quick Easy Marketing. It's a simple little booklet thingy with 50 ideas for promoting your business without breaking the bank (or putting in too much effort). I've just made it available for free from Smashwords.

I'm pretty sure you'll have seen some (or a lot!) of the ideas in there but hopefully there'll be one or two that you haven't considered. And it's free... so no loss apart from the 3 minutes it takes to read. wink.png

Although it's on Amazon, don't get it there - their price-matching hasn't kicked in yet so it's still at the minimum $0.99. Instead, go here: http://www.halfhog.com/blog/2012/05/...asy-marketing/

Hope it helps.

It sucks spike. :((

KIDDING MAN. There are some really good tips in there. Recommended to all DB.net ers.

It sucks spike. :((

Just for a minute, you had me really worried! :sweat:

KIDDING MAN. There are some really good tips in there. Recommended to all DB.net ers.

Glad it was useful. It always really annoyed me that KDP don't do a "free" setting and I couldn't just offer it around.

Edited by SpikeTheLobster

I'm actually seeing quite a bit on your site that interests me, Spike. I have been completely freelance since 2006, and yet still find myself stumbling around a little bit. My usual thing is to hook onto a solid remote IT contract as my primary source of income, and use the rest of my time either developing a blog or exploring other opportunities. Nothing has really panned out...

So thank you for the free book, it was very gracious of you. And I will be haunting your site for a bit for some more needed knowledge.

So thank you for the free book, it was very gracious of you. And I will be haunting your site for a bit for some more needed knowledge.

You're welcome. I should be moving a whole pile of posts from my old blog at Scrawlbug to the HH blog soon (when I get some time).

Woops, Now I feel stupid :o You mentioned you sold it as well as giving it away on Amazon?

Ah, that's one of the odd things with Amazon and KDP - you can't price at $0. They have a minimum of $0.99, so the only workaround is to publish somewhere else (Smashwords in my case) at $0 then wait for them to price match. I mentioned it because I didn't want people finding the book on Amazon and paying when they can get it free from Smashwords. :)