Smoking. What about you?

Thomas

I have never smoked. I honestly can say that I don't think I ever will, maybe if some traumatic event event happened later on in my life, I may, but I really hope not. I know how expensive and how addictive cigarettes are. I grew up in a household where both of my parents smoked, and I promised them I never would.

Before I was smoking but I have experienced sever pneumonia so I decided to quit smoking. I m surprised that I did it with ease. Maybe I was just afraid of the though that I might die because of it. Actually you might really die by smoking and you could also harm others with the smoke that you are blowing around you. smoking is bad for your health so quit while you still can.

I tried smoking as a kid... got sick.

I then tried chewing tobacco. I wasn't about to put a fine cut scoop in my mouth, but i tried one of them little baggies. So i took it, put it in my cheek and started playing some 21 (basketball game) with some of my friends... WORST IDEA EVER!!!

I got about 5 minutes into the game and got crazy dizzy and felt like puking my brains out. I went home and called it a day, I had to go to bed i was so sick. Neer again touched it.

I tried smoking as a kid... got sick.

I then tried chewing tobacco. I wasn't about to put a fine cut scoop in my mouth, but i tried one of them little baggies. So i took it, put it in my cheek and started playing some 21 (basketball game) with some of my friends... WORST IDEA EVER!!!

I got about 5 minutes into the game and got crazy dizzy and felt like puking my brains out. I went home and called it a day, I had to go to bed i was so sick. Neer again touched it.

Its normal that you felt dizzy... All people who have their first cigarette are feeling dizzy. I remember my first time, it was as if my my head was turned upside down.

I tried smoking in the college but gave it soon afterwards. I quickly found out that it's a deadly addiction where you would be dependent on your cigarette for each and every thing. I was lucky in that sense, many of my friends started smoking in college and are still addicted to cigarettes.

I wasn't dizzy when I smoked, at all actually. Maybe that's because you don't inhale tobacco pipes. :P

I smoked regular cigarettes when I just started out , no tobaco pipes :D.. I felt like I was going to fall down on the ground how dizzy I was...

I wasn't dizzy when I smoked, at all actually. Maybe that's because you don't inhale tobacco pipes. :P

No, you don't. When you smoke a pipe, you relish the smell of the tobacco and the taste of the smoke in your mouth. Puffing on a pipe is the name of the game.

Smoking is something I really dislike. I've never had the urge to try a cigarette, nor will I ever want to. Some friends and family smoke, and I'd rather not be around when they do, as I just don't like the smell of passive smoking.

It may sound silly, but I lost my grandmother when I was 12 to cancer, and that seems to have had a subconcious effect on my views of smoking.

I smoked regular cigarettes when I just started out , no tobaco pipes :D.. I felt like I was going to fall down on the ground how dizzy I was...

Right right. That's because you have to get used to having something other than Nitrogen and Oxygen in your lungs.

No, you don't. When you smoke a pipe, you relish the smell of the tobacco and the taste of the smoke in your mouth. Puffing on a pipe is the name of the game.

Exactly. And the smell is fantastic. Not sure for other people, but I actually find the smell of smoke (only pure tobacco, like pipe tobacco) to be a bit of a turn-on. Two things you don't inhale: pipes and cigars. Well, you can inhale a cigar, but most people don't do that.

Smoking is something I really dislike. I've never had the urge to try a cigarette, nor will I ever want to. Some friends and family smoke, and I'd rather not be around when they do, as I just don't like the smell of passive smoking.

It may sound silly, but I lost my grandmother when I was 12 to cancer, and that seems to have had a subconcious effect on my views of smoking.

My grandmother smoked like a chimney for 30 years and was fine. She died in '09 and it didn't really phase me, lol. We were very close, but if you spend some time on the internet, you become quite desensitized to things.

My grandmother smoked like a chimney for 30 years and was fine. She died in '09 and it didn't really phase me, lol. We were very close, but if you spend some time on the internet, you become quite desensitized to things.

I wasn't saying that smoking causes cancer 100% of the time, I was saying that she died of cancer, caused by her smoking.

Maybe I wouldn't be as effected now than I was, but I was only 11 at the time.

The question is: smoking.

That's not a question. It's a word.

I'm pretty smoking, actually. Not always in the Mask sense or the Bar Rafaeli sense, though I'm sure I can manage both of those if I tried really hard. Then again, the Mask version comes a lot easier, given my tentative hold on reality and love of the absurd. In the literary sense of the word, not any other.

Or did you mean the tobacco sense? Ah, did that for twenty years or so, gave up in December.

Or did you mean the wacky baccy sense? I should probably avoid talking about that kind of smoking and the associated subject of restricted drugs. You see all sorts of interesting things at University, after all. Not to mention afterwards, if you circulate in certain crowds and subcultures. Is that the time?

Or did you mean the thick, tarry smell of burning rubber? I've never really been a boy racer, I'm afraid, though I did buy myself a roadster once. Just once of those things you have to do while you're young enough, y'know. Before you look like a sad old git trying to relive his youth and all that. Wonderful experience. The roadster, not being a sad old git. Driving on French autoroutes at silly speed with the top down in summer. Excellent. But no smoke.

Or did you mean bonfire night smoke. Ah, the memories of the bonfires as a kid. Jacket potatoes in the oven for afterwards, fireworks (never been a big fan of those, to be honest), Carry on Screaming on the telly. The wonderful smell of woodsmoke rising into a clear November sky. It's a shame I live in a more urban area these days, really: it'd be great to have a proper bonfire.

Or did you mean something else entirely?

Right right. That's because you have to get used to having something other than Nitrogen and Oxygen in your lungs.

Exactly. And the smell is fantastic. Not sure for other people, but I actually find the smell of smoke (only pure tobacco, like pipe tobacco) to be a bit of a turn-on. Two things you don't inhale: pipes and cigars. Well, you can inhale a cigar, but most people don't do that.

I have never really tried to smoke more,I was always afraid of the dizzy feeling ... How much time it requires to get used on it?

I have never really tried to smoke more,I was always afraid of the dizzy feeling ... How much time it requires to get used on it?

Depends what you smoke and about you.

I smoke Silk Cut Purple and they are low tar and so they don't. However I have been smoking for a while for now and sometimes I still get the dizzy feeling. It's completely normal if it's your first couple of times or if you do it on an empty stomach or out of breath. It gets better though.

Depends what you smoke and about you.

I smoke Silk Cut Purple and they are low tar and so they don't. However I have been smoking for a while for now and sometimes I still get the dizzy feeling. It's completely normal if it's your first couple of times or if you do it on an empty stomach or out of breath. It gets better though.

I think the day when I tried my first smoke , I was completely with empty stomach :o..

• 5 years later...

I'm a smoker, and actually it's alright.  I don't see anything wrong about that aside from punishing my self maybe in the future.  But I'm active in sports, and some outdoors activities.  Actually right now, I'm limiting my smoking habit because I bought vape and it's nicotine free.  I know my responsibilities for being smoker, and I'm sure no one around me will complain about that. 

I am a smoker as well, I have started to smoke at 21 years old and now I have 40. I know is wrong to smoke, it is not good for my health but is very difficult to quit smoking. The only thing I can do right now is to limit myself to 10 cigarettes a day.

I've been smoking for 2 decades already and it's very easy to stop, I've done it a thousand times already:D.  People say that it's harmful and I agree.  But it's really hard quitting when you have a golden lighter:D and besides I'm a man of focus just like John Wick:D

IMG_20180316_022049_088.jpg