Thomas

Smoking. What about you?

On 3/16/2018 at 11:26 AM, fishbate said:

I've been smoking for quite sometime now just to relieve from stress. It started when i was in high school and and i have been smoking since then. Although it as an addiction, i never tried to quit. Frankly i had ideas and resolutions made during smoking, i don't why but it seems to enhance my decision making during tough times. Or maybe its just an outlet for me to relax.

Same here, it all started for me after high school, when I gave in to peer pressure and tried to belong with the group of friends that I had at the time. It was a mistake as I learned how to do it. I feel that if ever I was part of something different, I'll be smoke-free until now. I tried everything to quit, and nothing worked so far, will try again.

Never ever tried smoking but I have relatives and friends who are doing it. Some of them want to quit smoking so they switched into vaping as a substitute. There are articles showing that vaping is not as dangerous as smoking but I guess they both have side effects to people especially in their respiratory system.

1 hour ago, Jelineex said:

Yes, I agree with you. People who have quit from smoking deserves respect and appreciation. They have learned to value and love their selves.  It maybe difficult to stop the vices but self discipline is a must. I hope that young and old should refrain from smoking to save money and health. There is nothing important in this world than our health.

Yes that is really true since health is really a wealth and we should value  it as much as possible because it is very expensive to get sick especially nowadays that everything is increasing in price especially the basic commodities that we need to live in this world. We should really avoid or quit smoking as early as of now to make our life longer and more happier.

I don't really like men who smoke. They are not only endangering their selves but as well as the people around them. It would be very inconsiderate and stupid  of them to smoke especially if  their loved ones are around.

11 hours ago, junrose123 said:

Yes that is really true since health is really a wealth and we should value  it as much as possible because it is very expensive to get sick especially nowadays that everything is increasing in price especially the basic commodities that we need to live in this world. We should really avoid or quit smoking as early as of now to make our life longer and more happier.

Yes, Sir! Everything in this world is becoming expensive. They said it's not easy to get sick and it's too hard to die considering the expenses involve. ( Ha.Ha.Ha) I just hope that everyone should value and enjoy life in a clean decent way. Vices will gives us temporary happiness but it will ruin our life mostly of the time. So, cheers to those people who find effort to dump their vices for real.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Jelineex said:

Yes, Sir! Everything in this world is becoming expensive. They said it's not easy to get sick and it's too hard to die considering the expenses involve. ( Ha.Ha.Ha) I just hope that everyone should value and enjoy life in a clean decent way. Vices will gives us temporary happiness but it will ruin our life mostly of the time. So, cheers to those people who find effort to dump their vices for real.

I agree with you. The funeral expenses have made it too costly to die. Our loved ones would have to be the ones who should suffer the consequences of our own vices. Not only would they have to suffer the pain of losing a loved one, but they barely have time to grieve as they have to take care of the funeral arrangements, look for money for the burial costs, etc.

Personally, I've never tried smoking and never will. I just can't tolerate the smoke. Even flavored smoke from vaping disgusts me so I stay away from that vice as much as I can. It is not only good for the health but good for the wallet too. Imagine how much you can save if you don't smoke!

Edited by Erika1358
typo error

I don't smoke ever since. I have tried just to taste it before, but I don't like it. I don't like smoking because smoking causes illness and death, among other disadvantages. It is the most preventable lifestyle factor affecting human health. Smoking harms every organ in your body. Your heart, blood vessels, lungs and fertility are all negatively affected by smoking and the chemicals in cigarettes. Smoking changes the structure of blood vessels. This can lead to the buildup of plaque that hardens and narrows the vessels, causing a disease called atherosclerosis. Atherosclerosis is a common cause of heart attacks and peripheral artery disease. Smoking increases your likelihood of developing high blood pressure. The carbon monoxide inhaled from cigarette smoke interferes with the way oxygen is carried by your blood to organs, including the heart, which links it to heart disease. Smoking also increases the incidence of blood clots, which can lead to strokes.

I tried smoking when I was in college, not due to peer pressure but because I wanted to try it. I did for about 3 months before I quit. My then boyfriend didn't like that I smoked so I quit. Quitting was easy for me since I wasn't that hooked on it to begin with. I don't mind if people smoked, they do need to smoke at designated smoking areas. They should also be responsible enough to dispose of their cig butts responsibly. 

22 hours ago, juandera11 said:

Never ever tried smoking but I have relatives and friends who are doing it. Some of them want to quit smoking so they switched into vaping as a substitute. There are articles showing that vaping is not as dangerous as smoking but I guess they both have side effects to people especially in their respiratory system.

Vaping might be an excellent alternative to smoking. However, I saw a video where the vaping device exploded, and that is one of the reasons why I don't like to try it.

10 hours ago, Erika1358 said:

I agree with you. The funeral expenses have made it too costly to die. Our loved ones would have to be the ones who should suffer the consequences of our own vices. Not only would they have to suffer the pain of losing a loved one, but they barely have time to grieve as they have to take care of the funeral arrangements, look for money for the burial costs, etc.

Personally, I've never tried smoking and never will. I just can't tolerate the smoke. Even flavored smoke from vaping disgusts me so I stay away from that vice as much as I can. It is not only good for the health but good for the wallet too. Imagine how much you can save if you don't smoke!

Yes, a lot of people are wanting to try and regret in later times. Sometimes, we can't learn from things unless we try. I maybe wrong but nowadays  people likes to do vices to escape reality from poverty, frustration, disappointment and rejections. It's too hard to accept it. It belittle our emotion and mind set. It takes courage and will to go beyond our trials in life. Vices is a temptation that is hard to resist but we have mind to control over it.

11 hours ago, Jelineex said:

Yes that is right as vices will only give us temporary happiness but it would surely make our life shorter and sometimes it will put us in a greater danger if our vices cannot be  controlled anymore. We should enjoy our life up to the fullest but of course we must do it in a nice and more healthier way as we are the one to suffer form bad things that we will do especially if we will abuse our body. The bottom line here is to keep our body healthy and free from any sickness as much as possible.

This is the most thing that I regret. I am currently smoking for 6years and everytime I smoke, I always regret about it but I couldn't stop. I tried to stop before for about 3months and something happened that triggered me to go back on my bad habit. I am still planning to stop it but everytime I tried, my cravings to lit one was very crazy. I couldn't stop even though I know that I can because I have done it before. I hope very soon I am able to stop that my body could thank me in the future.

On 5/28/2012 at 6:33 AM, Thomas said:

Guys thoughts feelings and other things.

The question is: smoking.

I don't smoke. I have a brother who is a chain smoker. We really hate to be around him when he starts to smoke. We always tell him that second hand smoke is more dangerous than first hand smoking. 

There are many ill effect of smoking. The effects of smoking are legion. Smoking is dangerous because it has effects on the respiratory system and cardiovascular system. One of the most dreaded effects of smoking is lung cancer. Unfortunately, the effects of smoking are seen not only among smokers, but also in the people around them. Smoking causes lung disease, heart and blood vessel disease, cancer, and other illness. One of four smokers dies of diseases directly related to smoking. Many others suffer years of pain, ill health, and discomfort.

I don't smoke. It is because I am afraid to be sick with lung cancer. It is very expensive to be hospitalized with lung cancer. My grandfather died due to smoking a lot. He began smoking early in his life. He did not last long because of this.

This topic is not relevant to me but I just want to share the experience of my husband in quitting smoking. He started smoking at age 16 and when he was 52 he was able to quit just like that -  no withdrawal symptoms. And to test himself he just let his pack of cigarette stay in the car and the carton of cigarette in his office drawer. His lighter was in his pocket. After one month he gave away his cigarettes and lighter. The reason for quitting? He felt difficulty of breathing and thought he was having a heart attack. He fervently prayed that if he would live then he will not smoke again. And that’s it. 

I will never smoke. Though I would be challenged by problems in the future, I would never smoke. I have been to a cancer institute so many times in our city and I have seen many people who are so unfortunate with lung cancer, they are both smokers and nonsmokers. It's just so terrible to see secondhand smokers suffer because of people who smoke.