How to Remove Winrar Popup

Tony

Yeah I feel ya on the Winrar popup, and the "full version" you purchase is pretty much the same thing, only without a popup and a tech support number. And well....if you need to call their technical support to be able to unzip something, you're probably the kind of person who shouldn't be using it anyway. Just my opinion though, and I don't mean to sound harsh. Thank you for the hack!

• Administrators

Nice, I hadn't even thought about removing it, but it is annoying!

Yeah it is, after doing this edit it's weird I'm still waiting to close the popup when I open a .rar file, so many years of doing it.

Yeah..I have gotten used to that thing after years. But if it really annoys you, you could try another program. I know that 7zip is upcoming and is just as good as winrar or winzip. I don't think it has that popup, but the interface might take some getting used to.

• Administrators

Lol can't believe you guys think just clicking one button is "annoying"... It's never bothered me in the past so... But I guess this is a good fix for those who've been annoyed :P

It get's very tedious when you use it many times a day, just another step that adds up when your trying to move quickly.

I actually still dont know how the Winrar Licensing works. I mean is it a trial forever? Isn't that stupid on Winrar's part? Or is it some marketing technique im not aware of?

Anyway thanks for this little "hack" Saves 3 seconds of my life everytime i open a RAR file :)

Lol can't believe you guys think just clicking one button is "annoying"... It's never bothered me in the past so... But I guess this is a good fix for those who've been annoyed :P

It isn't annoying as such, just I don't want to have to click it. I just want to extract my files.

It isn't annoying as such, just I don't want to have to click it. I just want to extract my files.

.... Said it like a man.

WinRar should just release it free and ask for donations on their website.. Any one who buys it is donating anyway, since you can have all of its features for free

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the solution! I do many things with WinRar, and it is such a hassle to click the close button every time I open the program. Sometimes I open multiple windows of WinRar, and a bunch of popups open, cluttering my toolbar. It's nice to have this solution!