Is facebook just a moaners paradise?

Marc

I have to admit to not being someone who visits my facebook very often. Mainly chosing to use it for promotion etc. But does anyone else find it to be a place simply for people to moan?

I sit there with facebook open and read my feed and all I see is pretty much "x person has done this" or "I hate xyz"?

The other kinds of posts are things that people are really not interested in. PLEASE I dont want to know every time your baby kicks! LOL

Time to rename FB as MoanBook, lol. Thankfully I don't see much moaning but plenty of jokes and funny pictures. Guess it also depends on whom you subscribe to, if someone is constantly complaining you can unsubscribe from their stream.

How come you all are readings things on Facebook which you don't like? Is it sent to you randomly? I thought we can only see the comments of people who are our friends. Isn't that so?

That is the case, but I think the point is that the people you're friends with just post comments which are basically moaning.

That is the case, but I think the point is that the people you're friends with just post comments which are basically moaning.

I see. I suppose if you were to un-friend them, they might feel unhappy. Isn't there any way that you can set an option to block out their comments without them knowing that you did that?

I see. I suppose if you were to un-friend them, they might feel unhappy. Isn't there any way that you can set an option to block out their comments without them knowing that you did that?

You could, but nobody would block all the annoying people, as then Facebook would appear empty!

Yeah see, people that that unfriending thing extremely seriously. It's sad but we've seen people go as far as do real life malicious acts, just because they were upset they were defriended on some social network

I have to admit to not being someone who visits my facebook very often. Mainly chosing to use it for promotion etc. But does anyone else find it to be a place simply for people to moan?

I sit there with facebook open and read my feed and all I see is pretty much "x person has done this" or "I hate xyz"?

The other kinds of posts are things that people are really not interested in. PLEASE I dont want to know every time your baby kicks! LOL

I don't know what the deal is with Facebook, people devulge all of their personal business on there.

And its really bad when they do it in all caps like "PAY ATTENTION CAUSE SOMETHING IS HAPPENING TO ME!"

I haven't noticed this. My FB friends are not the moaning and complaining type. Thank goodness. I strictly keep my FB limited to people who I actually know and I don't have many whiners among my friends. I hate whiners.

You could, but nobody would block all the annoying people, as then Facebook would appear empty!

Well, you can't have it both ways. You either like the comments and the way they fill up your Facebook page. Or you don't like the comments, and you block them and have an empty Facebook page. You can't want a Facebook page full of comments, then complain that the comments are stupid. It makes you more stupid for not blocking out those comments, doesn't it? I don't mean that you, per se, are stupid. What I mean is, as a matter of comparison.

Well, you can't have it both ways. You either like the comments and the way they fill up your Facebook page. Or you don't like the comments, and you block them and have an empty Facebook page. You can't want a Facebook page full of comments, then complain that the comments are stupid. It makes you more stupid for not blocking out those comments, doesn't it? I don't mean that you, per se, are stupid. What I mean is, as a matter of comparison.

I know you can't have it both ways. I personally don't use Facebook anyway, or at least I view very infrequently.

However, family members often make stupid posts, but I can't be bothered dealing the aftermath of removing them from Facebook.

I know you can't have it both ways. I personally don't use Facebook anyway, or at least I view very infrequently.

However, family members often make stupid posts, but I can't be bothered dealing the aftermath of removing them from Facebook.

Yeah Ive seen my wife do it before now and I usually tell her about it. I find it pathetic at times.