Ram8349

What is your monitor size? What size do you wish to get?

52 inches is not a big screen. It's a very big screen. Just curious. What do you want to do with such a big screen? Watch movies or play games?

Both obvously. I play a lot of video games, and I also watch a lot of movies.

It just feels different once you go big screen. No way to go back to anything smaller lol.

Current Desktop (this is sad): 26" 16:9, 1360x768. (10bit color engine, 8bit IPS TFT)

Laptop : 13.5" 16:9 1366x768 (8bit FRC, 6bit TN TFT)

that old CRT i cant use because it doesn't fit on my desk: 18" 4:3 1600x1200 (100% Cathode Ray Tube)

wish to get 42" 1920x1080...

I can't recall if my monitor is 27" or 32", it's one of the two - it's rather big in general. I am totally spoiled by it and I don't think I could every go back to a small screen. It's why I seldom use my laptop anymore. It's so nice to have all the extra room to push things off to the sides of the screen when I am working on a project. Often times I will have a calculator off to one side, notepad off to the other side, and my main app in the center. It's also nice to be able to take breaks and watch movies on it in the same room - so I can use it like a TV too.

I have a 1280x960 samsung monitor.

To be honest, it would be a bit nicer for me if I got a bigger monitor (I sound greedy) the current monitor I have now just seems a bit small, I play games a lot so sometimes there isn't enough space to fit the whole screen.

I would like to get a 1920x1080 27" Asus monitor, it seems exactly like my size and it costs only £249.99.

5484022_sa.jpg

My main display is a Samsung UE590 4K display.  I run it at the 4k resolution of: 3840x2160.

My other 3 displays are all smaller 21 inch 1080, hope to upgrade them all to 4k as prices continue to drop.

I have three monitors on my main computer: a 27" rectangle (1920 x 1080), a 23" rectangle (1920 x 1080), and a 19" square monitor (1280 x 1024). 

The 27" one is my main monitor.

The interesting thing is that I actually have more 23" and 21" rectangle monitors I could use, but for some reason, that 19" square monitor feels ideal for displaying certain programs and web content even though it is smaller.

Edited by WisTex

My laptop is 15.6 I think it's perfect for work and for traveling as well. The only complain I have of it is the resolution, it has a 1366*768, and that's how good it can get. So I wish for a 1920*1080 IPS panel next time. I hope someone can give me one this Christmas, LOL.

For my laptop it is the standard 15.6'' I feel it is the best size for a laptop. It is just comfortable for viewing not too large like a TV and not too small like a tablet to give trouble to work on some documents. I personally love the laptop and for my PC it is 21''. It needs to be above 20'' for a good view and watching movies and playing games.