LiquiLayer - Brent

LiquiLayer Shared Hosting. CloudFlare. JotForm. Backups. LiteSpeed. US & Germany.

I have 2 websites that are currently hosted on x10premium. Currently they are both suffering from MySQL issues from the host (it crashes once a day).

One of them is very weak that I basically use for playing with and hosts a blog I never post on. However the other is http://www.respawngamers.com/index.php which would be the real website I host.

I have 2 websites that are currently hosted on x10premium. Currently they are both suffering from MySQL issues from the host (it crashes once a day).

One of them is very weak that I basically use for playing with and hosts a blog I never post on. However the other is http://www.respawngamers.com/index.php which would be the real website I host.

Hi Thomas,

What sort of traffic do you receive on the forum? If it's on shared hosting, it's most likely the problem causing the slow sql queries, often when servers are jam-packed.

I am interested in your upcoming vps plans.

Specifically I am interested in Xen. Of course, if you offer OpenVZ in a good environment at a good price, I can consider that, too. I have had some experience with servers in Germany. From my location, I get a faster connection to Germany than to the US.

So what's the latency between Germany and the US?

I am interested in your upcoming vps plans.

Specifically I am interested in Xen. Of course, if you offer OpenVZ in a good environment at a good price, I can consider that, too. I have had some experience with servers in Germany. From my location, I get a faster connection to Germany than to the US.

So what's the latency between Germany and the US?

Hi,

Everything we run is OpenVZ & Solus. Without bragging, yes, we provide good environments. They are strictly limited to the number of VPS's on each node and we do not oversell. You're correct, from Malaysia you would be better off using our Germany VPS's vs our US VPS's. The latency between our Germany nodes & US nodes vary because we have nodes on the east coast, west coast as well as central US but they're surprisingly not as bad as you'd think. With a properly optimized VPS & website, location does not matter these days.

We will have our Germany VPS's ready for purchase within a few days.

Thanks,

Brent

The way you described it, it sounds like if my target market is the US and UK, then getting a server based in Germany might just be the right thing. Like it's well connected to all the markets I am interested in plus it's well connected to where I am. What kind of prices are we look at? For, say, a 1Gb OpenVZ vps?

The way you described it, it sounds like if my target market is the US and UK, then getting a server based in Germany might just be the right thing. Like it's well connected to all the markets I am interested in plus it's well connected to where I am. What kind of prices are we look at? For, say, a 1Gb OpenVZ vps?

Hi,

If you're looking for managed, please see here: http://www.vopahost.com/vps-hosting/

Unamanged, see here: http://www.vopahost.com/self-managed-vps/

We'll have the links up to order in DE here in a few days.

Thanks,

Brent

Well I am about to buy mine! :D

Is there currently any discounts? Also I'm very bad with this all server stuff so I don't actually know what I need. :(

Edited by Thomasuras REX

Well I am about to buy mine! :D

Is there currently any discounts? Also I'm very bad with this all server stuff so I don't actually know what I need. :(

Hi,

Which hosting package are you interested in? If you're looking into shared or reseller hosting, you won't need much experience. VPS's on the other hand, require a little more administration unless you go with a managed plan.

Let me know which plan you're interested in and I'll see which discounts are available.

Thanks,

Brent

First things first is money isn't an issue. The bigger issues is that I know next to nothing about working with a VPS. Currently it is hosted x10premium at but I am getting terrible load times and they don't allow me to backup. I also had to raise and issue with them about a very stupid MySQL problem that the frontline simply knew nothing about.

Currently it is hosted on a Shared host. It is also going to be the only website I host with it.

The website is http://www.respawngamers.com/index.php

I really don't know how to go about decide on what to go with. :(

First things first is money isn't an issue. The bigger issues is that I know next to nothing about working with a VPS. Currently it is hosted x10premium at but I am getting terrible load times and they don't allow me to backup. I also had to raise and issue with them about a very stupid MySQL problem that the frontline simply knew nothing about.

Currently it is hosted on a Shared host. It is also going to be the only website I host with it.

The website is http://www.respawngamers.com/index.php

I really don't know how to go about decide on what to go with. :(

Ok, so we have a few options here.

1.) Shared Hosting - most likely the business plan, due to the space. We run LiteSpeed as well as CloudFlare. (See my 3rd option as well)

2.) Smaller managed VPS - This would actually be your best bet for a growing forum. The reason I say this is because we can instantly scale the VPS on demand. You will also get dedicated resources & database engine.

I did take a look at your forum, and it does seem to have some lag when moving throughout the forum.

3.) At the top of my recommendation, I would say a "middle of the road" VPS such as Sand Shark (will be moving upgrading this plan to 1GB RAM in the next few weeks). Here's my bullet proof solution for your forum that would allow you to scale & utilize as little resources as possible without being extremely pricey.

• Sand Shark VPS (managed)
  • LiteSpeed VPS (purchase through us)
  • CloudFlare Module (we include our CloudFlare Partner module with our managed VPS's)
  • SharkShield Comprehensive Security & Configuration (installation, configuration & optimization of cPanel/WHM & optimization of LiteSpeed if purchased & complete server security.)

Personally the VPS is the best option when it comes to forums. Combine LiteSpeed & our CloudFlare Partner module you will most certainly notice an immediate performance increase. Being that it would be a VPS, you could either use the cPanel backup feature or a remote backup feature using RSYNC. I would highly recommend a managed plan should you decide to go the VPS route. cPanel iis also included with our managed plans, so there's no need for a cPanel license.

Feel free to shoot me an email at brent@vopahost.com with any questions. I can give you a 10% recurring discount on the VPS w/ LiteSpeed package if you'd like.

Thanks,

Brent

EDIT: edited a little wording for better explanation.

Edited by VopaHost - Brent