Even if they are the main source of income for website owners, they should be kept at a minimum. It is better to have a few ads like two per page and also not too big covering most parts of the main content. This drive away your readers. This is why more and more people are installing adblock extension to lock out this ads from appearing. 

Edited by mikelouis

I hate video ads, pop ups and full page ads. What I hate about video ads is that I am reading a something and then suddenly some one starts talking and you realize that there is a video ad on the page. The thing I hate about pop ups is that many times I end up closing the page I was visiting trying to close the pop up ad and finally full page ads because I have to wait and see the ad for a short time before I can click on the skip button visit the website I actually wanted to go on. 

I hate video ads, pop ups and full page ads. What I hate about video ads is that I am reading a something and then suddenly some one starts talking and you realize that there is a video ad on the page. The thing I hate about pop ups is that many times I end up closing the page I was visiting trying to close the pop up ad and finally full page ads because I have to wait and see the ad for a short time before I can click on the skip button visit the website I actually wanted to go on. 

Yeah the video that also have audio and autoplay really bug me.  I normally leave the site just because of that and find another source for the information I needed.

I'm always annoyed by any kind of autoplay video, whether it's an ad or actual relevant page content. It slows down the page loading, and I don't get a chance to settle into the page and get my bearings before I start hearing and seeing things in a video that I may not want to watch. It's just very rude and inconsiderate.

TV news websites are famous for this. They think the internet is television and they assume you want to see a video playing. Some sites will even have video content on autoplay, along with a video ad in the sidebar that autoplays in competition with the main video. LOL.

And finally, in addition to the problem video autoplays is HD video crammed into a small video space. So you end up trying to load a very bloated video into a small space where you can't even see the details of the HD video. What's the point? Again, TV news sites are famous for this because they don't reformat their video content for the web. Yuck.

Moving ads or ads with sound. There's just nothing more infuriating than trying to read something but not being able to concentrate because something just doesn't stop moving on the side of the screen. And sound ads are everyones enemy, whoever invented them was either an evil genius or he actually regrets what he did.

I'm sure everyone is going to know which ad I'm talking about when I say this. The ad which annoys me the most is emoticon one which shouts HELLLLLOOOOO! and then waits a few seconds before shouting it all over again.

You know what's really bad though? The ads which pop under your actual browser window, so you don't notice it's there until it starts shouting something, or until you close your browser and you find out that you've been running an ad for the best penis enlargement services this side of China.

I hate pop-up ads, but then, we have ad blocker for that for PCs and laptops. What I hate though are the mobile ads that literally direct you to some place on the App Store when I'm using my iPad. I've been looking for an app to block those but still no luck. It's really, really annoying when I'm browsing the net on my iPad and suddenly it just whizzes me off to the App Store.

I hate pop-up ads, but then, we have ad blocker for that for PCs and laptops. What I hate though are the mobile ads that literally direct you to some place on the App Store when I'm using my iPad. I've been looking for an app to block those but still no luck. It's really, really annoying when I'm browsing the net on my iPad and suddenly it just whizzes me off to the App Store.

From what I understand, Adblock is the best solution for your tablet if you're running iOS 7. I'm not sure if your iPAd is currently running on that however, so you would need to think about this first

From what I understand, Adblock is the best solution for your tablet if you're running iOS 7. I'm not sure if your iPAd is currently running on that however, so you would need to think about this first

Ohh, awesome! I didn't even know that there's an Adblock app for iOS 7. Definitely been running 7 since last month, so I'll have to check this out. Thanks!

The ads that pop in your face when your just casually browsing a website, when you try to close it down it says "Are you sure you want to leave the page" or something like that.

Now, I use Adblock and Noscript, helps me tremendously when surfing the web.

Ohh, awesome! I didn't even know that there's an Adblock app for iOS 7. Definitely been running 7 since last month, so I'll have to check this out. Thanks!

No problem at all!

I'm not sure if it is the official adblock, as in if it is the same company that exists on PC's and I would assume Mac's, but there is an adblock app I know that. Never had that much problems with it myself, but your mileage may vary. Hope it helps though! :)

I'm okay with most ads.  I don't mind the flashy, I don't mind in-your-face.  I don't mind ads that load with a page.

But if you want to get under my skin, show me a delayed ad that pops up as I'm reading the article, as I scroll down, or as I click something, which forces me to click the ad.

May the overlay ads burn with the fire of a thousand suns.

:D

One time of forum ad that really annoys me are the ads placed as posts within threads. A thread should be a list of nothing but posts. It's incredibly annoying to have posts mixed with ads.

Another type of annoying ad are the ones that start blasting sound out loud but don't show themselves or provide a way to ex out. A lot of the time you can't even tell which internet tab the ad is coming from an you have to ex out of multiple browsers/tabs before the sound finally stops. Very annoying.

Malware ads are of course extremely annoying as well.

I really hate pop up ads as well.  They are so intrusive to me.  I feel completely disgusted when they come up.  If I wanted whatever they are offering, I'd visit the website directly.  Besides, many of these ads want you to join their mailing list, and if I am not interested in the niche they are promoting, I don't see the need to check it out.  Does anyone else feel the same way?

Ads that keep on popping up. It’s really annoying especially when you don’t like the ad or you don’t have anything to do with it. It’s okay if it will pop up once in a while but if it’s like over and over and you’re not interested in it, it can be really annoying and it can be disturbing. 

I don't like ads from number 2-4. I can deal with those on the other side but not to advertisement that are really there to let me know they are there. What I mean is, ads that plays without me clicking and ads that stops me from clicking the next page, the same goes for ads that most of that time redirect me to Google Play store. It sort of annoys me to be led there without me having the intention to do so.

The ones I find the most annoying are ads that autoplay sound without any interaction. Another problem with them is that video ads tend to use up a lot of system resources and can sometimes crash the browser. This is why I now use an ad blocker when browsing the web, it really cuts down on the amount of annoying ads that I get to experience.

Every. Single. YouTube. Ad. They are so annoying and unexpected, and always advertise stuff I am not interested in the slightest. Even worse are the ads that play right in the middle of a video. 

What ads annoy you: I hate automatic video playing ads it was really a waste of time, sometimes you need to finish the video first before you can close it and sometimes if don't wait to finish the video and accidentakky click any part of your screen it will autimatically directed to other website in which your work will gone and your concentration will lose. It is so very annoying.

I really, really dislike the ads that look as though they have multiple means to close them, but only one of them really works. It's deceptive and there are times where clicking the wrong 'close' button ends up bringing me to an site with malware. It can get frustrating when I'm half-asleep or maybe paying attention to the content I'm supposed to be scanning, only to end up being redirected to a virus-laden website thanks to the ads.

Another kind of ad that annoys me is the one that suddenly just plays videos. I work in an office where breaking someone's concentration can mean making them lose their line of reasoning and argument, and that can be very frustrating. I don't like having to be hassled to try and find the tab where the sudden ad is playing.