Power Contest Thought

Marc

How about including likes.However doing it differently ;) Only include likes from threads. That way not only will in increase threads but increase the quality of the also

Likes in threads? Do you mean something like rating threads? That would be good. It would give some incentive to starting good threads.

There is actually a plugin that I have seen working with threads that really useful. With that plugin, as usual, a person starting a thread will get points. On top of that, when people reply to that thread, the OP also gets points. This way, the members are really encouraged to start good threads and also to nurture the threads.

It might turn into a like sharing although I am sure that you are all well aware that us moderators spend close enough to 23 hours trolling threads to see so as long as it doesn't get out of hand it might be alright.

However when it comes to the actual points it might be a bit different then posts. Maybe every 5 likes = 1 point?

Actually I was tired this morning and wasnt supposed to post it here LOL. however, since its here

I actually meant like count, however only from the main topic. So for example if you like this post then it wouldnt count, however if you like the very topic post in this topic then that would count toward the total. This way in encouraged good topics instead of just good replies ;)

Actually I was tired this morning and wasnt supposed to post it here LOL. however, since its here

I actually meant like count, however only from the main topic. So for example if you like this post then it wouldnt count, however if you like the very topic post in this topic then that would count toward the total. This way in encouraged good topics instead of just good replies ;)

Technically might be hard to do, and if we did it was the thread then why not the post? For example if someone asked a question and some amazing computer genus answered in 30,000 characters including diagrams and a $50 gift voucher wouldn't that be worth adding a point?

Technically might be hard to do, and if we did it was the thread then why not the post? For example if someone asked a question and some amazing computer genus answered in 30,000 characters including diagrams and a $50 gift voucher wouldn't that be worth adding a point?

Indeed it would, however they are few and far between and the idea is to get content onto the forum. replies you can have, but only if there is a topic to reply to. Therefore encourage people to post good topics.

And for the tech element. Its not hard ;)

Edited by Marc

I think it would be a splendid addition. But as someone stated.. It will scare someone from liking another thread to higher their chances of winning

Interesting thought but I doubt this would be a big problem. Sure maybe the 2-3 at the top may not like each others topics as much due to competition, however others would. For example if me and you were competing for 1 and 2, I dont like your thread and you dont like my thread then the net effect is actually 0 anyway LOL. And if one has more topics to like than the other then they would be more likely to win due to this in any case.