SwitchCase

Which is best for school? Laptop or Tablet?

A laptop is better for school. Just think about it it you have to type a 50 page paper on a tablet. I don't think that will be fun. A tablet will be good for taking notes if you have the pin and call for the tablet. i use one for math classes all the time. But no doubt the laptop is best for school.

Tablets are good especially in school presentations. They are handy and you just need to swipe whenever you want to turn the page of the powerpoint presentation. However, I still orefer the use of laptops. Laptops are better because it is more convenient to edit documents in laptop rather than tablets. Other than that, what tablets can do, can also be done by laptop in a faster and easier way.

I am using a laptop for my office job and I’d say it is pretty heavy to carry around and for the convenience it would be the tablet. However the tablet is limited in functions so it would depend on the kind of learning and the student as well. My suggestion would be a laptop for college students and maybe senior high school and the tablet for the rest of the high school students. It is a big advantage if schools will be taking advantage of the technology in the educational programs. 

I prefer using my laptop for work and school since they're lighter to bring around. Furthermore, they have a lot functions and a lot of storage space for voluminous projects and the like. I tend to forget my USBs if I don't keep them in my bag, so I prefer saving them on google documents, as well as having a backup file on my laptop itself.

Tablets are portable, but they're also more prone to being broken or stolen since they're usually left in the open when students use them outside of school. I still prefer laptops because of their bigger capacity.

On 8/31/2013 at 1:46 AM, lstryhrn said:

A laptop is better for school. Just think about it it you have to type a 50 page paper on a tablet. I don't think that will be fun. A tablet will be good for taking notes if you have the pin and call for the tablet. i use one for math classes all the time. But no doubt the laptop is best for school.

That is correct. I prefer the laptop too. It is good for typing up to 100 pages more. It is undoubtedly the best for school works. 

I prefer to use laptop for school because it's convenient to use. It can handle heavy tons of work. It's good to work on big screen than tablet. Laptop are more durable. Thou, both gadgets are useful but these are expensive. It will have to be decided based on the availability of financial budget of an institution. I just hope that students should handle it with care either laptop or tablet. Both are valuable materials.

Well it depends on the need and use. Tablets are more handy and portable but it also has a lot of limitations. When you are more on school papers and projects I would say that Laptops would be better. There are actually tablets nowadays that has the capabilities of an actual laptop but it's not overall flexible. I mean there are programs you might need that won't be compatible with a tablet. If you want something handy and portable then go for a netbook which has the same power and capabilities of a laptop but just smaller in size. I also find Laptops to be more convenient to use but it depends on the person. 

Which is the best for school? Laptop or tablet? : In my opinion the laptop is more useful than the tablet one for a students. Because as a students specially a high school to college students, this stage of schooling are more on reporting, and one thing they needed to report is laptop to discuss topics assigned to them to be connected to the projector for thier co student to be ablento see her/his presentation and to do research as well.