What's your internet speed?

Nathan

• 1 month later...

This is my current internet speed, while I am extremely satisfied with my download speed, my current ISP provides horrible upload speeds.

2034933579.png

Users in Chile and parts of Mexico posted higher upload speeds than me so I decided to contact my ISP (Shaw) who made up various excuses.

Anyhow, what are your download/upload speeds? Head over to speedtest.net and afterwards, click share your result and paste the [/img] link onto here.

I look forward to seeing your results!

• Administrators

This is my current internet speed, while I am extremely satisfied with my download speed, my current ISP provides horrible upload speeds.

2034933579.png

Users in Chile and parts of Mexico posted higher upload speeds than me so I decided to contact my ISP (Shaw) who made up various excuses.

Anyhow, what are your download/upload speeds? Head over to speedtest.net and afterwards, click share your result and paste the [/img] link onto here.

I look forward to seeing your results!

Whoa! Sucks if you are a webmaster and uploading site files.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I guess I have the slowest internet speed in this thread. I'm actually from the Philippines and we call our internet "Usad Pagong" or "Turtle speed" which simply means slow. It has been our problem since the internet existed in our country. I hope we'll have the same internet speed as Korea and Singapore. :( That's why I find it really frustrating when I want to post something on my blog or in my website. 

Untitled.png

Edited by jaybee
Unfinished content

• Administrators

@jaybee Dang!  I couldn't handle those speeds :) 

Can you even stream things very well with those down speeds?  The up speeds wouldn't matter much for normal users I guess that don't upload to websites, servers etc...

Just retested and mine is a little higher up speed now, supposed to be fully symmetrical, but I know it varies some.

7142575861.png

@Nathan Actually it's really hard for me to stream in HD. Fortunately I can still stream YouTube at 480p, but that's only for the late evening, dawn and in the morning where there's only few people who access the internet because some people have to either go to school or work. However, that's for YouTube. If I try to access other video streaming sites such as Drama Fever or Netflix, it'll definitely lag  and it irritates me to the point I'll have to stop streaming. Same goes for other websites such as Facebook and Google, even this forum takes a while to entirely load and open. Lucky for you to have that kind of speed, I wish to have that as well here in my country. 

Mine is fast enough for Netflix and general usage, but appears to be much much slower than everyone else here.

It should be noted that I am testing from home, and not an office.

speedtest2.png