Vidya_Gaems

Do you build your own PC?

14 members have voted

1. 1. Do you build your own PC?

• Yes, I do
    • No, I buy one pre-made
    • I do a mix of both. I buy a pre-made one and modify it to my likings

If they started selling all in one systems that I could build my own computer with I would consider it. Perhaps they already do sell something like that but I just haven't seen it yet. I would be looking for something like a monitor with a streamlined case in the back that I could insert the rest of the computers parts. I don't think I would ever go back to the old tower systems that take up so much space and have all sorts of wires sticking out all over the place.

That...just wouldn't really be possible. 

Especially you're looking for something other than the current tower system. I mean, there's a reason towers are so big;they need to be so large because the components are large. You're not going to get an all in one system like you're asking for, while still having a very good computer. It sounds like you may just want a laptop.

I never really thought of building a full tower PC I just don't have the room for it. I do not have a laptop which I am uncertain when I'll get one. I have a tablet but I hardly use it since I am on my desktop computer most of the time. I prefer building my own PC over buying one since you would be in more control.

I never really thought of building a full tower PC I just don't have the room for it. I do not have a laptop which I am uncertain when I'll get one. I have a tablet but I hardly use it since I am on my desktop computer most of the time. I prefer building my own PC over buying one since you would be in more control.

Perhaps it's just me, but I'm rather confused. You say that you prefer building your own PC, but you've never thought of building a full tower PC. What do you do then?

I've personally never tried to do it, but I hear all the time that it's wayy cheaper than buying one. I'm not too sure, because time and effort is a factor as well. Maybe in the summer when I have some free time I'll try my hand at it.

I've personally never tried to do it, but I hear all the time that it's wayy cheaper than buying one. I'm not too sure, because time and effort is a factor as well. Maybe in the summer when I have some free time I'll try my hand at it.

It is actually way cheaper. I've worked in a computer store for a while, and they calculated ~90$ just for assembling the computer. Also, building your own computer is easier than most people think. If it's your first one it will probably take some time, but if you've already done it before it shouldn't take longer than an hour, probably only ~30 minutes. Building a computer is a pretty fun task as well I'd say. Or let's say it's fun to build a computer if you don't have to do it everyday.

It is actually way cheaper. I've worked in a computer store for a while, and they calculated ~90$ just for assembling the computer. Also, building your own computer is easier than most people think. If it's your first one it will probably take some time, but if you've already done it before it shouldn't take longer than an hour, probably only ~30 minutes. Building a computer is a pretty fun task as well I'd say. Or let's say it's fun to build a computer if you don't have to do it everyday.

Do you usually buy the parts off of eBay or is there like a reliable retailer for this kind of stuff?