• Administrators

Just received this earlier has anyone else?

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry. We've checked out the circumstances of your Page's restriction, and we found that your Page obtained a large number of likes through inauthentic means.

We strongly discourage Pages from obtaining likes by questionable methods such as:

-Like-exchanges (getting users to like each other’s Pages), like-sellers, etc

-Misleading and incentivizing users to like your Page

Obtaining likes by such means leads to low user engagement and denotes a poor user experience, which is why your Page has been restricted from getting external likes. Accordingly, we have placed a temporary 30-day restriction on your site. Please note that if your Page continues to violate this policy, harsher enforcement will apply.

Thanks,

The Facebook Team

7500? That's not much. I remember Namecheap doing a campaign once to get something like 30,000 likes. And it was definitely a case of getting people to like Namecheap specifically to be able to qualify for a special discount on buying domains. That's obviously contrived likes but I didn't hear anything about Namecheap being banned.

• 8 months later...

I think this is some kind of misunderstanding. My cousin uses special bots to sell facebook likes and he complete orders of more than 30,000 likes for different pages almost daily and none of his clients has never complained about got banned. However, there are some speed adjustments in getting likes to avoid Facebook penalty. My cousin set it too to keep the automatic likes process slow.

• 4 months later...

Sorry to hear that :( Well, I also got almost the same "treatment" from Facebook but mine was a little but harsher. For some reason, I had an unusual amount of friend request from my new facebook account that I had created solely for the purpose of promoting my new website and for that reason Facebook blocked it and informes me that they wil only allow me access to my site after I identify a group of strangers by their facebook names. You can guess what happened next lol.

I simply love my Facebook fan page the way they design the page is genius, you continue to collect likes and once they build up you have the power to contact a huge amount of people at one time. And because of the advertised button the more likes you get the more people you can advertise to, when you use the advertised button Facebook advertises to all of your subscribers friends which is pure genius.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I've never received any such message and I own pages with more likes than your own, although still not a hefty amount. I have around 16,000 likes on my largest page and I've never had a message anything like that one. It's a shame though. If you did participate in any like-buying or exchanging then that's likely to be the cause of the message, but if you didn't you definitely shouldn't be penalized in this way. If that happens again in the future, you should consider ringing Facebook and lodging an appeal over the phone with them. Maybe then they will begin to take you a little more seriously.