Victor Leigh

Monthly or yearly payment?

Although I agree with the assumption that there is no guarantee of the services that are provided online I would honestly go for a yearly plan. The yearly plans do provide big discounts as compared to the monthly payments. If you are reasonably sure about the credentials of the hosting company then taking a little risk can be more profitable especially when you have to take care of other important expenses.

Yearly payments are better. Hosting costs would be a lot lesser if taken on an yearly basis and it would warrant some discounts from the provider because you are buying the yearly package in advance at once.

Edited by Kaushik

I would prefer to pay on monthly basis as a sort of budget. I make sure that I am capable of paying it without any hassle in later times. Plus, I prefer a short term so I can just revoke or transfer to others company if ever I am not contented with their services. it's always best to know your limits and capacity in terms of financial viability.

Going with yearly payments would be the best if you make enough money from your website, and it's most likely going to be a lot cheaper. 

But if you are working and earning on an average note, then it's best and appropriate to go with monthly payment. 

Usually, there are good offers for yearly payments, so I'd go with that, if I have the resources, that is.

Monthly only for projects I don't know if I'll be keeping.

That would all depend on a few things like how long has the hosting site been offering their service. If it's a well established site and name then I'll definitely get the yearly offer just because of the discounts. If let's say it's a new hosting site then I'm definitely just going to try the monthly plan for a few months before I switch to yearly. Of course I also need to make sure that they offer great service before I commit one year with them. 

I prefer to pay monthly for web hosting. It gives you more flexibility to just close the account if you no longer needed. This can sometimes happen with projects that don't really get off the ground.

Another potential issue is that the quality of service at a hosting provider can go downhill all of a sudden. Or maybe you could realize that the hosting services they provide no longer suit your needs. If you've paid for several years of hosting in advance, you could waste a lot of money that way.

8 minutes ago, Bravosi said:

I think monthly is good because you wouldn't have to get attached with one service provider in case something goes wrong.

You got a point. That way you prevent yourself from getting obligated to a certain provider. But on the other hand, if you have a firm business plan then you might get a contract for a year. To begin with, it usually has discounts, but what's more important is that you won't forget to pay monthly.

Interesting that so many people seem to prefer the monthly option. I’ve always preferred annually since it’s easier for me to keep a track of payments and there’s usually a substantial discount for paying the whole year at once. Just my two cents but I think I’d almost always go for the annual payment option personally.

I prefer sticking to monthly plans if I'm not too sure about the prospects of my website, or it's still a fledgling sort of business or interest of mine. But if  my business is established already and the host has a good reputation, I'd be tempted to go for a yearly plan. It depends on the situation, I think.

Posted (edited)

I think monthly, because yearly payments have a long way to have your pay which is so bad for an employer i think monthly is because this is the best to give a payday. Yearly payment is so dumb because youl wait and wait after you get your payments its better to have than to wait it thanks.

Edited by diolola456