kingpost

Which hosting is better for a forum or any big site?

Hello

Please suggest me the best hosting site that i can use for a forum or any large traffic site.

I am using Hostwinds now, But my friends suggested me to use godaddy or hostgator. Please share your thoughts, which should i use?

Thanks

If your current hosting provides unlimited bandwidth, huge or unlimited disk space, if it's up 99.9% of the time, and price is fair then I believe that you don't need to change or transfer to another host provider. 

Another important factor to consider is the customer service.  I'm not a programmer so most of the time I rely on my host provider to explain technical things to me and fortunately they were able to do this and more.  That's why I'm still with them for around 3 years now. :turned:

I think both Hostgator and Godaddy are worth a try. I am currently trying my luck with Hostgator and it allows one year of free hosting service but for basic website. A new freebie like me is happy even getting one year of free hosting service may be in this year I will earn some advertising and try to promote my website so that I can start earning from it in the second year. Second year I will obviously pay Hostgator to give me more benefits for the website, once I am up and running in the market it will be easy for me to invest in that little amount per year!

I think both Hostgator and Godaddy are worth a try. I am currently trying my luck with Hostgator and it allows one year of free hosting service but for basic website. A new freebie like me is happy even getting one year of free hosting service may be in this year I will earn some advertising and try to promote my website so that I can start earning from it in the second year. Second year I will obviously pay Hostgator to give me more benefits for the website, once I am up and running in the market it will be easy for me to invest in that little amount per year!

Hostgator giving you 1 year free hosting? how lol?

I have to agree with Jaypee. Essentially the old adage of "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". If however you do want feedback on the companies mentioned, I have gotten very good technical and customer service from GoDaddy. Any time I have had a question, I was never made to feel like a bother or an idiot. Good luck to you .

I am currently hosting at namecheap.com which works well. They have good hosting plans depending on your site needs. I have been with them for a year now and they have not disappointed me so far.

LiquidWeb for sure.  Been using them for a few months now, absolutely the best.

I have used HostGator which is quite a bit cheaper than LiquidWeb. Is it worth it to make the switch? I mean HostGator is $4 per month while LiquidWeb is $13 per month. Is there something extra that LiquidWeb provides?

I am using Stable Host Enterprise plan which is in sense a big shared hosting account. I have had some problems with it but I am running a blog and a forum on the same account and I am running a bridge to make both websites talk to each other. I am going to be building a server over the winter and then my website will have all the horsepower it needs for future growth.

Greg

I would stay away from godaddy hosting they are terrible. Godaddy is good for domain names but anything after that I wouldn't risk. Just my 2 cents.

I have used HostGator which is quite a bit cheaper than LiquidWeb. Is it worth it to make the switch? I mean HostGator is $4 per month while LiquidWeb is $13 per month. Is there something extra that LiquidWeb provides?

It depends on your needs. LiquidWeb provides fully managed support.  They will install, troubleshoot custom application etc...all for you within a matter of minutes of submitting a ticket.  For dedicated servers I don't think there is anyone out there as good,  for shared hosting I haven't ever tested so hard for me to say.  But you do get what you pay for.

I would stay away from godaddy hosting they are terrible. Godaddy is good for domain names but anything after that I wouldn't risk. Just my 2 cents.

I'd prefer you explain what issues you've had with them.  Just saying they are terrible doesn't do any good unless there are facts to back it.