Link building. How do you do it ?

Google your topic, from there find articles on the first say 10 pages of Google.  Go through and post quality comments with links back to your site.  As long as they are not spam they will usually be left or approved by the site owner.

Do I need to do that for each of my posts ? These days most the blog owners have made their comment section nofollow. Is it still worth it to go visit all the blogs and leave a nofollow comment.

Nofollow links may not get you link juice but they can still get you traffic. Every webmaster's goal is to get traffic so whether it's a nofollow link you get, if you comment piques the interest of users then they'll follow you back to your site.

Another way you can build links is by bookmarking your articles. It's been a while since I used those sites so you'll need to do some research to find out if the links you'll get are dofollow or nofollow. Also, you could try to build links the natural way. Write great content and others will link to you. Such a strategy though can take a long time before you start seeing sites linking back to yours.

Edited by Rainman

Nofollow links may not get you link juice but they can still get you traffic. Every webmaster's goal is to get traffic so whether it's a nofollow link you get, if you comment piques the interest of users then they'll follow you back to your site.

Another way you can build links is by bookmarking your articles. It's been a while since I used those sites so you'll need to do some research to find out if the links you'll get are dofollow or nofollow. Also, you could try to build links the natural way. Write great content and others will link to you. Such a strategy though can take a long time before you start seeing sites linking back to yours.

I am aiming to get traffic but my primary aim is to increase my page rank and increase the organic traffic to my website. I know posting useful comments on blogs can drive a few visitors to your blog but I wan't to aim for some thing which I can rely on for a longer period. I am trying to write quality content for my readers and I know I need to be patient to get links naturally.

• 7 months later...

Google your topic, from there find articles on the first say 10 pages of Google.  Go through and post quality comments with links back to your site.  As long as they are not spam they will usually be left or approved by the site owner.

I've never really thought about doing this to be honest.

Great idea. I will have to try it.

I guess I'm a bit of a SEO novice lol. :)

Edited by KenBrace

• 3 years later...

A simple and effective thing to do is to Create quality content and share it to Facebook, do this on a regular basis and you'll get a steady stream of traffic and your content will get a lot of shares from people helping your site to rank faster.