Best Forum Software?

Nathan

32 members have voted

1. 1. What's your Favorite Forum Software?

• IP.Board
    • vBulletin
    • SMF
    • Xenforo
    • phpBB
    • MyBB
    • Other

I have to go with IPB on this one. I've had Vbulletin and Xenforo as well. Those are both good too. But I like the hooks I IPB much better.

Ahhhhh that will be why your name seems to exist everywhere! LOL.

I think Xenforo is the best forum software, and IPB is the second best. There are both great forum software's, and I'd use either script for a new forum but I prefer Xenforo because I like the Alerts system, and I see it becoming huge.

MyBB for the win. IPB looks tempting but MyBB is way more worth it imo with all its great plugins, community, and the fact that it's free. Also 1.8 (a huge update) is coming out soon.

Really? That's interesting. I have been keeping an eye on myBB for a while now with a view to using it for my forum. So what does 1.8 have in store? Do you have any links where I can go and get a peek at it?

vB is the best IMO. Then IPB and XF.

Note that XF and IPB are on the same level for me. I like them both equally.

Unfortunatly xf looks to have serious issues as a company IMO :( Shame too as I would have kept my own forum on there is I thought for one min the company would survive, however I simply cant see it.

Always been a fan of IPB, that gets my top vote. I had a SMF forum for a little while a few years back, and it was pretty good too, but I don't really know how well it's held up; I haven't heard much about any development in a while.

Always been a fan of IPB, that gets my top vote. I had a SMF forum for a little while a few years back, and it was pretty good too, but I don't really know how well it's held up; I haven't heard much about any development in a while.

I am active on a few forums run on SMF and they are doing fine as far as I can see. Maybe it's because they have SMF developers in their community to help solve problems.

I easily vote MyBB. They have a great community, their ACP kicks... errr... butt, and their are tons of themes and plugins that you can use.

SMF is total trash, phpBB's plugin system sucks, vB's bloated and has a sucky ACP, IPB didn't suit my organizational tastes, xenForo though is probably the best paid.

I easily vote MyBB. They have a great community, their ACP kicks... errr... butt, and their are tons of themes and plugins that you can use.

SMF is total trash, phpBB's plugin system sucks, vB's bloated and has a sucky ACP, IPB didn't suit my organizational tastes, xenForo though is probably the best paid.

xenforo whether we like it or not is all but dead. Even if they brought out a new version now they have lost the trust of far far too many people.

• Administrators

xenforo whether we like it or not is all but dead. Even if they brought out a new version now they have lost the trust of far far too many people.

I haven't been keeping up with it lately, have their forums died down now?

I haven't been keeping up with it lately, have their forums died down now?

Still has its fanbase, but its shrinking fast. It does look likely to me that they will release something fairly soon with the activity on bug fixing etc lately, however I personally think they have already blown their reputation out of the water.

I guess they strategize their development keeping it a secret from the world? :P

Anyways I voted for MyBB :)

Their plugin system rocks and its easy to design your own plugin if you have little knowledge about PHP. Moreover they provide a great support system over their community forums :)

I have only used MyBB, so I can't really vote for it, can I? :D

There is no comparison for me.

I think MyBB is good not only because it is free, but there are tons of plugins and it can be easily modified.

Not sure what it is lacking compare to for example vBulletin which cost a few hundred bucks for a license.

I have only used MyBB, so I can't really vote for it, can I? :D

There is no comparison for me.

I think MyBB is good not only because it is free, but there are tons of plugins and it can be easily modified.

Not sure what it is lacking compare to for example vBulletin which cost a few hundred bucks for a license.

For those devoted to a website throwing a couple hundred bucks is nothing. When you really get good and create a website which is complete custom you could be looking into as much as $5,000+

What exactly did they do for their reputation to sink?

The simple answer to that is nothing.... Literally for a good few months now. VERY VERY little information, no updates, etc etc

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...