Kakashi2020

What Was Your First Programming Language?

Posted (edited)

I started with no graphics and everything was pixelated my first programming language was BASIC.

BASIC stands for Beginners All-purpose Symbolic. Instruction Code. All computer brands use BASIC then.

It was quite easy to code but you'll spend hours typing it in and editing it afterwards because of Syntax Errors.:D

What was your first computer programming language?

IMG_20180321_064430_153.jpg

Edited by Kakashi2020

I think when we were in high school we are taught how to use C programming language. The one with the printf and scanf. But when I took my major in college the first one is the HTML. I think that that is the most basic one and the most understandable language. 

Posted (edited)

My first computer language was BASIC, which I learned how to program on a Commodore VIC-20 computer.

Later I spend some time with FORTRAN, PASCAL, COBOL, Cold Fusion, ASP Classic (VB) and PHP, among others.

ASP Classic (VB) was my favorite language for web design, and Pascal was my favorite for computer programming.

Edited by WisTex

My first language was VB, i started learning during work. I don't have any certificates or diploma in programming i just learned thru experience and projects. Using books and sample projects as references, i learned my way with VB and now i'm into JS and hoping to accomplish my next project.

I learn about programming when I was in grade 11 and my first programming language is c++. I was amazed that time when I have successfully created a simple program on my own and that's also when I started to get interested at programming. Today, I'm eager to learn Java language, website and mobile application development.

Does HTML count as a programming language? I'm not too sure whether it is or not so I'm just not going to say that (although if it is then HTML was actually my first programming language). My first programming language, I believe was Visual Basic. We learned that in high school when I did Computer Science although I don't think we did anything too complex with it in the end other than making a few text-based games. To be fair, I can't even remember anything about Visual Basic anymore. When I went to College, we moved onto Python so everything that I learned about Visual Basic was just forgotten after a while.