Facebook is great for keeping up to date! I usually use it for the purpose of joining facebook groups for projects and the like. It's also a great way to keep in touch with other people since most of the folks I interact with have facebook accounts.

It's great for finding local businesses too! A lot of them have begun posting products and maintaining facebook pages. This way, I can browse their goods before going there.

Edited by Castrel

My Facebook account is only for personal use in connecting to the people who are related to me particularly those who are staying abroad. I was not really keen on using Facebook before until I learned that it is a good way of keeping in touch with people. Now I can see the posts of my relatives and friends to let me know that they are doing okay. The same with me, I also post regularly just to touch base and I only post several photos when there is an occasion. However I do not use the chat feature except for very important matters only because I know that it can be addictive and I don’t have much time for that. 

I use Facebook a lot, every single day.  I use to check  and update on my family and friends. We exchange messages and calls using the Facebook messenger. I play the games like candy crush and farm heroes saga. My school also post important announcement in the group page. So yes, Facebook for me is indispensable.  It's very helpful. I get to call people overseas for free. I just have to pay for the internet though. I also bought things online through Facebook and get to watch videos as well.

I feel like I use Facebook less and less these days for personal use. It's often for work related stuff (groups for freelancing projects, for instance), and I also use it quite regularly for online buy/swap/sell pages to declutter my house! I don't often post though about personal stuff anymore. Just prefer to keep my private life private for the most part.

• 1 year later...