Facebook is a good source of potential traffic to your site having more than 2 Billion Active Users it's the largest Social Media Platform there is.  There are a lot of effective ways in funnelling traffic from  Facebook.  One such way is by Creating a Group Page and adding people in it, again there are ways to add the correct people in.  Like wheeling in people from other groups that your a member in and besides if you have good content, people would just flock to your group site and sign up for membership.  If they see good content in your group site they would want to go to your external website because they would think that it has even better content so just play with this scenario.

If you have some other inputs to share do post in your replies:D

IMG_20180323_013939_780.jpg

Nothing beats Facebook in terms of targeting and traffic generation,ads is the mainstay of the company which generates billions of dollars yearly from advertising.

Once you create a fan page or group and display enticing content,you will definitely generate traffic from targeted advertising,incidentally Facebook ads gives its users more bang for the buck when compared to other advertising platforms.

FanSlave? I've never heard of that, you learn something new everyday. Facebook is an amazing platform to advertise on. I'd argue it's one of the biggest. Remember it's been accused of helping President Donald Trump win the presidency with it's knowledge and using people's personal data. This alone reflects that it is a huge platform/market. This is the best channel to use for targeted marketing. All those facebook groups can come in handy for free. You can also pay for a targeted audience. It will be interesting to see the effect changing some of it's rules because of it's recent scandal with Cambridge Analytica will have.

Beware of Facebook, cause it's not as free as it seems, in fact, far from it.  Note, it normally takes paid boosting for your posts to reach FB page members beyond the 1 to 3 percent level (or maybe lower).  Anyway, the amount for boosting is often competitive to other quality advertising, so you're not losing out in that sense, though.

On 4/3/2018 at 9:39 AM, jyy said:

Beware of Facebook, cause it's not as free as it seems, in fact, far from it.  Note, it normally takes paid boosting for your posts to reach FB page members beyond the 1 to 3 percent level (or maybe lower).  Anyway, the amount for boosting is often competitive to other quality advertising, so you're not losing out in that sense, though.

You're quite right that's why I'm not using Facebook pages anymore it's kind of useless nowadays since Facebook made it into a cash cow. Everyone's migrating into Facebook group's, it's free and more effective than Facebook pages, it's also easier to maintain and has personalized traffic, one cam also use it and configure it as a selling page and or a landing page.  Also messages are fast and direct unlike pages also groups provide great interaction through comments and postings which the admin can also control or edit.

On 4/9/2018 at 7:56 AM, Kakashi2020 said:

You're quite right that's why I'm not using Facebook pages anymore it's kind of useless nowadays since Facebook made it into a cash cow. Everyone's migrating into Facebook group's, it's free and more effective than Facebook pages, it's also easier to maintain and has personalized traffic, one cam also use it and configure it as a selling page and or a landing page.  Also messages are fast and direct unlike pages also groups provide great interaction through comments and postings which the admin can also control or edit.

The downside, though, is that a paid post on a Facebook page probably reaches way more people than a free group post.  I mean, groups are popular, but it's nothing like forcing your way onto someone's feed.   Anyway, has anyone tried paid posts on here?  What was the result?

1 hour ago, jyy said:

The downside, though, is that a paid post on a Facebook page probably reaches way more people than a free group post.  I mean, groups are popular, but it's nothing like forcing your way onto someone's feed.   Anyway, has anyone tried paid posts on here?  What was the result?

Probably but forcing it to someone's feed won't guarantee traffic, while posting it to a group which shares the same interests or is relative to the site / products does have a higher chance of conversions.  Target marketing always is more effective than cold canvassing.

Edited by Kakashi2020

9 hours ago, Kakashi2020 said:

Probably but forcing it to someone's feed won't guarantee traffic, while posting it to a group which shares the same interests or is relative to the site / products does have a higher chance of conversions.  Target marketing always is more effective than cold canvassing.

Maybe true, but how does Facebook make money off of groups?  I assume it's ads.   But apparently, the ad revenue on pages wasn't enough for them.

Edited by jyy

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah you're right.  Social media like Facebook is a good tool to get traffic for your site.  With a billions of users, it's probably somehow  will attract even just hundreds of users to visit your page.  But you should have a good content or else you will just wasting the opportunity to earn and also wasting the time of the visitors. 

• 6 months later...

I really like to use Facebook for a potential source of traffic to our website since it is free and very convenient since we can target a large group of people in a given period of time. I usually used Facebook to advertise my websites since in my country it is one of the best site that most people waste their time since it gives them a lot of entertainment and benefits as well. 

Facebook is always a good promotional site. To gain clients and increase traffic. Because of the large number of users in facebook, products/services will easily be recognize. There is a wider scope of information awareness. Although, there are lot of competitors in facebook but it is always a great advantage to link services/products or site.

Although Facebook is a good source of traffic, I am no longer using it, because you are not guaranteed of that traffic irrespective of paying for the ads.  Besides, facebook groups have made it competitive leaving your ads to people are not interested to even visit your website or buy the products you promote.

I know that we are talking about Facebook Groups here, but since we're talking about Facebook, I only like to point out that I'm a big fan of Facebook Ads. It's one of those advertising platforms that target audiences based on age, demographics, sex, likes, and a lot more. That's pretty powerful stuff regarding business advertising if you ask me. Probably the most effective out there right now.

Facebook helps you reach more audience easier. Just a few connection can turn into many then exponentially grow more from there depending on your content and strategies to retain users. Starting out with a few passionate members who can positively contribute in your facebook group is a must. Seek out possible members then research on how to effectively entice your target audience or demographic.

Facebook Traffic: I agree on this,  Facebook has a great traffic than other social media if we try to compare it, maybe because facebook is really accessible and user-friendly. Business owners who plan do a a marketing in social media, in facebook is a plus do market also one plus is the traffic there was but be sure that you plan it wisely and already in your mind that it was a social media in which may also make your business go down. 

• 2 weeks later...

Everyone has access to Facebook. And a few percent of those even have more than one Facebook account (me included, since I have a private FB for my family and close friends, and I have another FB that I used back in my cosplay days where I add anyone who asks for my FB.) Starting up your own Facebook page is a good way to divert traffic towards your site, another way to utilize FB is to use your personal accounts to JOIN pages related to your niche and simply communicate with people there. Gaining new friends is also a great way to get more clicks. 

Facebook hosts the presence of about 60% of the internet presence on the planet which is a great number and promoting your site or blog on such a platform that too for no cost is a big big bonus in my opinion. Just create a catchy group add some people into it and leave it as public. Thats it, you can start promoting your business straight away.

Edited by Kaushik

Facebook doesn't really need to do much in order to create traffic. The word itself  lured people like a sort of magnet. Now that it has channel into different paltforms like advertising, news and a lot more to add. It is inevitably difficult to beat the power that Facebook holds to many of it's users worldwide.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes. Facebook is great and all. Here in the Philippines, it is free to use.  People use Facebook as their medium on selling products to customers and they earn online. But then Facebook can also be the house of scammers, bullies, hackers and more. 2 billion Facebook users are a lot, each must think before they click in order to be safe.

• 3 months later...