Music and Fire

fishbate

I saw thing tech years ago on Discovery and i was just so curious and amazed. This tech shows how powerful sound is and the endless possibility on how we can benefit from it. I actually tried making one on a small scale, it did not actually worked like on the video. I tried using a small speaker and a candle to do the testing, it didn't really turned the flame off but definitely the flame started dancing. I guess it needs more sound power. Any way check how these students turns sound into a fire extinguisher.

Edited by fishbate

Woah. I guess it will be awesome if the fire becomes the visual beat and it will just look like it is dancing because of the sound waves pattern through the air coming from the music generator. These people are just awesome to experiment such a wonderful test like this. It is pretty cool, isn't it?

18 hours ago, mitan143 said:

Woah. I guess it will be awesome if the fire becomes the visual beat and it will just look like it is dancing because of the sound waves pattern through the air coming from the music generator. These people are just awesome to experiment such a wonderful test like this. It is pretty cool, isn't it?

I had actually seen a fire equalizer from a TV show but i couldn't remember what show at the moment. They use propane gas as a supply and a long tube with holes as a flame output. They used the sound from a stereo  as a regulator and it worked like a real equalizer, but hot! Thank you for reminding me... i have to see that again.:drool:

Their invention is such a bright idea tho. I actually believe that sound waves are strong and most people around the world doesn't know how powerful sound waves are. As for me, living her in the Philippines, whenever there's a disco nearby I can always hear sounds from galvanized steel sheet roofs from houses around the neighborhood. Just with that and I already knew how powerful sound waves are. 

With their experiment they are using more the bass which is much more powerful than other sounds out there so I guess low in bass speakers won't work if you decide to try their experiment. 

Very innovative. From the experiment this can work on small fires, like a small fire in the kitchen . I don't know about bush fires. How big will the gadget need to be, to contain a huge bush fire?Maybe it can be put outside individual houses to allow the owners to escape. From what I've seen of bush fires they are huge and not containable. This technology, could be developed further and you never know, it may help to save lifes in future. Consideration also has to be given to types of fires. A fire sparked off by petrol or gas is hard to contain.

23 hours ago, fishbate said:

I had actually seen a fire equalizer from a TV show but i couldn't remember what show at the moment. They use propane gas as a supply and a long tube with holes as a flame output. They used the sound from a stereo  as a regulator and it worked like a real equalizer, but hot! Thank you for reminding me... i have to see that again.:drool:

Really? That is nice to know then. I guess it is very interesting because you seem to like it very much, but I think I should just have to search it instead. Thank you for letting me know this as well.

Found it :ahappy:! Its called Ruben's Tube Theory. This video has some explanatory part which is both cool and confusing ...so if your not into the science explanation thing you might wanna skip that part. 

This tech is actually 19th century old ....i guess this was their music equalizer back then. Think about playing with fire.:fear:

On 4/23/2018 at 9:31 AM, Nathan said:

Oh damn!  Now that's pretty cool.  Wonder if it will ever make it to mainstream adoption with fire fighters.

I think their planning to put it on a helicopter , but this one is on a larger scale. The idea is to put the device below the helicopter and act as a high rise extinguisher. Also they said that its a good fire extinguisher at space. 

I am ashamed to say that this is my first time when I see this device. You had guts to try this at home, I would never try this by myself, I admit that I don't create any music at all, all I like is to listen to music.

Haha, Amazing invention. But when we blow a candle it's not actually a sound it's a wind that comes from our mouth. Nevertheless, it's a great invention hope they can make this kind of device in buildings or houses where it can automatically sensor a fire and the sound will blow off immediately. Hope the price is much cheaper than the fire extinguisher. 

On 4/25/2018 at 12:54 AM, fishbate said:

Found it :ahappy:! Its called Ruben's Tube Theory. This video has some explanatory part which is both cool and confusing ...so if your not into the science explanation thing you might wanna skip that part. 

This tech is actually 19th century old ....i guess this was their music equalizer back then. Think about playing with fire.:fear:

I think their planning to put it on a helicopter , but this one is on a larger scale. The idea is to put the device below the helicopter and act as a high rise extinguisher. Also they said that its a good fire extinguisher at space. 

Woah, so that is what you are talking about. I watched the video until the end and honestly I did not understand the theory well but whatever the explanation is, their invention is really cool and amazing.

• 7 months later...

This is a convenient way for firefighters to extinguish hazardous fires. They won't need to look for water source and lift hoses their up just to extinguish fire. What they only need in case the video is legit, is instead of using a truck, a smaller vehicle like L300 for example can be enough for them to be transported to the place where the fire incident is happening. This is better because it is easier for smaller vehicles to go along the streets rather than a fire truck. Besides, what the only need to bring is a bass sound source which might be a little bit bigger than what is shown in the video.

• 3 weeks later...

What a brilliant idea! I love how things that are seemingly simple can have amazing results. All it needs is a creative and daring mind, that is willing to break the norm. Science and art have a lot of meeting points, and it would be beyond incredible to continue seeing these juxtapositions.