Quad Cam Smart Phones vs DSLR

Kakashi2020

With the new releases if quad camera phones in the market which have very good cameras I wonder if there's still a future for DSLR cameras.  

Some of the newly  released smartphones which has great cam qualities are Galaxy S9,    IPhone  X ,  Pixel2 XL,  P20 pro, One Plus 5T, OnePlus 6, XZ2 Premium.  Some of these has one front and two rear and some are quad cams while some tri rear cams.  The best in photo and video quality goes to Google's Pixel 2 XL, seconded by iPhone X and Samsung S9 is on third place.

IMG_20180424_025301_838.jpg

I'm not really after smartphone that have higher megapixel for high quality pictures. It's not really my thing, maybe because I'm a guy as it's pretty obvious that most girls are freaked by high quality phone camera for better quality pictures which they are still going to use picture editing applications to tune up the pictures. 

I think it is great that we are seeing better smartphone cameras. This way we'll have other viable options than just opting for a DSLR if you want high-quality photos. The portability of the smartphone is also a great selling point against DSLRs. When we take photos of people using DSLRs, some people feel intimidated because a DSLR is being used to take a photo of them. If I use a smartphone camera, they act more natural and I get better shots. :D

Edited by EfficientNinja

For me, a DSLR camera is better than smartphones. Although smartphones right now are improving their cameras and making it's quality almost the same as the DSLR's camera, I don't see a perfect resemblance with the DSLR vs. the smartphones shot qualities. For me, the one thing that makes DSLR better than Smartphone cameras is that it works best because it's working it's only purpose, to take photos and even videos. With the smartphone you need enhancers, but for the DSLR you only need to tune up some and you're ready to go. I also don't like it when I zoom-in photos taken from a smartphone camera which is the opposite of the photos I took using a DSLR, zoom ins are crispier and high quality compared to the latter camera. 

However, I do agree that smartphones are much more portable and it makes taking photos easier, however you won't get the same amount of quality that you'll get when youre taking photos using a DSLR camera because smartphones are multi-function devices and it can affect the performance of its camera. In the DSLR it's only purpose is to take photos and videos, and that's it. For an easier comparison, I've actually seen vlogs and short films made using a smartphone camera and a DSLR camera and was once given a chance to do it as well and I can definitely say that there's a huge gap in quality between a DSLR and a smartphone camera. 

I will still prefer DSLR than smartphones. Yes, we come to think that they have higher or same quality images but when it comes to pictures, it's more appropriate to use DSLR cameras since it's more on just taking pictures and videos. DSLR might be hard to adjust the settings but what's the best part is that you can control how will you work on that image unlike smartphone, they are more automatic and you can only adjust some of the parts like filter, brightness and others. Unlike in DSLR, you can adjust the settings from menu to the effects of the image. You control the shutterspeed, aperture and ISO that creates a great effect of an image.

Edited by nekonieden

On 23/04/2018 at 10:57 AM, Kakashi2020 said:

With the new releases if quad camera phones in the market which have very good cameras I wonder if there's still a future for DSLR cameras.  

Some of the newly  released smartphones which has great cam qualities are Galaxy S9,    IPhone  X ,  Pixel2 XL,  P20 pro, One Plus 5T, OnePlus 6, XZ2 Premium.  Some of these has one front and two rear and some are quad cams while some tri rear cams.  The best in photo and video quality goes to Google's Pixel 2 XL, seconded by iPhone X and Samsung S9 is on third place.

IMG_20180424_025301_838.jpg

It is a good thing nowadays that most of the smartphones are improving also the quality of the camera by increasing the megapixel in both sides (back and front) because people nowadays are really into what we called SELFIE. But for me despite this beautiful features I still prefer DSLR when it comes to taking pictures, I t maybe hard and difficult for beginners to control and use the DSLR but once you own one and get to know how to use it , you will see the real value and for me . In DSLR Camera photos are more appreciated and taken with great impact to the viewer other than the phone with has taken into selfie. (PS this is just my opinion thank you )