Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Kakashi2020

How much does it cost to build a PC nowadays and what are the component specifications needed?

Recommended Posts

My kids are badgering me to build them a gaming PC, since I really haven't been up to date in PC parts for years now, I would like to ask how much does it cost to build one and what are the component specs and reliable brands nowadays.  

IMG_20180429_021724_139.jpg

Edited by Kakashi2020

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really don't have an idea of the total cost of a brand new PC nowadays. I always tried using some old parts like the ATX casing and power supplies just to build one. I just buy new parts that is significant for the use. Some of the major parts are Vcard , Mboard/processor and RAM. Other parts like HDD, ROM and auxiliaries are just recycled. I use or store them for future use, i have some of them sold so its more of a progressive approach when in terms of building one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, fishbate said:

I really don't have an idea of the total cost of a brand new PC nowadays. I always tried using some old parts like the ATX casing and power supplies just to build one. I just buy new parts that is significant for the use. Some of the major parts are Vcard , Mboard/processor and RAM. Other parts like HDD, ROM and auxiliaries are just recycled. I use or store them for future use, i have some of them sold so its more of a progressive approach when in terms of building one.

I'm going to assemble one for my kids, it should be a gaming pc with a good vcard / graphics adaptor. That's why I'm asking what would be a good gaming pc config that's not too expensive but can effectively play high graphic games in with no lag.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/30/2018 at 2:42 AM, Kakashi2020 said:

I'm going to assemble one for my kids, it should be a gaming pc with a good vcard / graphics adaptor. That's why I'm asking what would be a good gaming pc config that's not too expensive but can effectively play high graphic games in with no lag.

I have a list here of components that you might want to include on your assembly. Depending on your budget these components could be within your requirements.

image.png.e19b63d21585b50692d672b4b0406f45.png

I hope this helps...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fishbate said:

I have a list here of components that you might want to include on your assembly. Depending on your budget these components could be within your requirements.

image.png.e19b63d21585b50692d672b4b0406f45.png

I hope this helps...

 

Thanks a lot fishbate I do appreciate including the prices I took a look see and it seems the GA-B250M is a new product here and its price is at $95 converted from PHP. While the G4600 processor is cheaper at $60, the corsair vengeance 16 GB is at $200 while the 8 GB is at $160. The HD crucial cost $200 and the Video Card gtx 1050 ti cost a whopping $500.  I wouldn't be able to afford it, but thanks for the specs, I think I can find cheaper replacements with the same specifications.  Really appreciate the help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When we assembled my PC it cost me around $400. CPU is the most important in your hardware. You need to find a good motherboard, processor, memory ram, video card and hard drive. Gigabyte and Asus are good for the motherboard. I trusted Intel Pentium for processors and Gforce is okay for the video card. The higher the spec much better but be prepared because it's very expensive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is not a letdown for building your own computer. I just want to share an experience with an assembled computer clone which has parts of different brands. They actually call it “compatible” which means the parts are compatible. But after a month of using, the computer was exhibiting a problem with external storage like the portable hard disk and USB. When we brought it back to the dealer, we spent the whole day for the diagnosis because the tech in the shop suspected a malware or virus. Eventually the problem was the processor which needed to be replaced. Buying a branded computer would save you that hassle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It depends and prices vary from place to place. But I would say that for an average, gaming PC that can run new games from 2018, you would need at least 600 dollars. I am talking about running Assassins Creed, a new one, PUBG, Fortnite on medium to high settings in Full HD resolution. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...