did you like to travel this last year ?

vanessa

If there was one piece of advice I have for people today to experience more joy in life, it is to travel more. I don’t mean taking vacations or going on pre-planning trips, I mean making the journey out to somewhere you’ve never gone before with an open schedule, to let life show you what opportunities were waiting for you that you couldn’t have even imaged before. Traveling is wonderful in many ways. It captures us with a sense of wanderlust and has us longing for more destinations to visit, cultures to experience, food to eat, and people to meet. As amazing as traveling is, most of us think we need to wait until our later years to really explore a lot of the world.

I did not travel last year, and I worked my ass off from the first day up until the last. That is why this year, I'll book myself on a trip to Thailand or any South East Asian country that would not require me a visa to visit. By hook or by crook, I'll get there and enjoy.

If money is not the problem, I will love to travel. Traveling is an amazingly underrated investment in yourself. As you travel you’re exposed to more new people, cultures, and lifestyles than you are living in your homeland all the time. With all the newness in your life, you’re also opened to new insights, ways of seeing the world and living, which often gives people a new purpose for their lives. If you’re feeling stuck on what your purpose is, what you want to do with your life, the career or educational path you want to pursue, go travel…you might just be surprised about what you discover as a new sense of life purpose and direction.

On 12/6/2018 at 6:32 PM, vanessa said:

i want to travel in japan cause i love japan and i want to be

I would like to travel to Japan too. Anyone who’s ever eaten sushi, read manga, or sipped sake may feel they know something about this slinky archipelago of some 6800 volcanic islands. And yet, from the moment of arrival in Japan, it’s almost as if you’ve touched down on another planet. Prepare to be pleasantly disorientated as you negotiate this fascinating land where ancient gods, customs and craftsmanship are mixed up with cutting edge modern technology, futuristic fashions and up-to-the-second style.

High-speed trains whisk you from one end of the country to another with awe-inspiring punctuality. In the suburbs of a sprawling metropolis, you can catch sight of a farmer tending his paddy field, then turn the corner and find yourself next to a neon-festooned (video) games parlor. One day you could be picking through fashions in a boutique designed by an award-winning architect, the next relaxing in an outdoor hot-spring pool, watching cherry blossom or snowflakes fall, depending on the season.

I will visit Kyoto in japan. For years, people have visited Kyoto to stay in its old ryokans and eat traditional, multi-course kaiseki meals. But they should also consider exploring the city's new side. Entrepreneurs are gutting old teahouses and geisha houses and giving them new lives. Niti, located inside a former geisha house, is a sleek bar and cafe that seamlessly blends contemporary touches with Japanese tradition. Another fascinating stop is The Sodoh Higashiyama Kyoto, an Italian restaurant and bar created inside the former house and studio of celebrated Japanese painter Seiho Takeuchi. Getting there: Tokyo and Kyoto Stations are connected by the JR Tokaido Shinkansen, which makes the trip several times a day. The journey takes about 140 minutes.

If I am to go to Japan, I would go to Fuji Motosuko Resort at the base of Mt. Fuji. Here, you’ll find a landscape that can really only be described as surreal. Fields of hot pink and pale pink shibazakura‘pink moss’ flowers (officially known as a moss phlox) cover the rolling hills, backdropped by the snow-covered Mt. Fuji of spring. To celebrate the arrival of this stunning scene, the Fuji Motosuko Resort holds an annual Moss Phlox Shibazakura Festival from mid-April to late May, where guests are welcome to stroll through the grounds.

I plan to go to Jerusalem. Jerusalem is considered one of the world’s holiest cities, as it is home to important spiritual sites for three major religions: Islam, Christianity and Judaism. Visiting Jerusalem is like travelling back in time. At the center you’ll find the Old City surrounded by a grand wall; here, visitors can learn a lot about Jerusalem’s religious history by visiting places such as the Al Aqsa Mosque, the Church of Holy Sepulcher, and the Western Wall. The Old City of Jerusalem is divided into four quarters: the Muslim quarter, the Armenian quarter, the Christian quarter and the Jewish quarter. When visiting Jerusalem, visitors should make a trip to one of the museums outside the Old City, such as Yad VaShem, a Holocaust remembrance center.