Anyone using JOINS in SQL?

Kaushik

The JOIN command in the SQL is a powerful too to combine the results from multiple tables into a single view. This is very useful when you want data from two tables having a common column or without any common columns. There is INNER JOIN, OUTER JOIN, LEFT OUTER JOIN, RIGHT OUTER JOIN which serve different purposes. I was wondering if anyone uses JOINS in their day to day work or in any specialized projects.

On 12/14/2018 at 2:38 PM, Kaushik said:

The JOIN command in the SQL is a powerful too to combine the results from multiple tables into a single view. This is very useful when you want data from two tables having a common column or without any common columns. There is INNER JOIN, OUTER JOIN, LEFT OUTER JOIN, RIGHT OUTER JOIN which serve different purposes. I was wondering if anyone uses JOINS in their day to day work or in any specialized projects.

Lets look at the practical scenario -

Many of the coders or developers, today, that can actually have used SQL work on pre-built CMS - WordPress, Magento, Opencart or even anything that might have been developed by their organization. And these CMS Apps normally dont have a necessity to code the SQL instructions.

Having said that, there are definitely some Custom PHP sites that would need complex SQL queries for their Databases - but practically, many of the coders who would use those Joins might not be here on the forum.

I think the JOINs are best used in Apps where there is some kind of Analysis that needs to be done with the data in the Database. And definitely, these are tricky to use for newbies and chances of getting them wrong at the first go are higher. I remember when I was learning this SQL, I did take many days to get a hold of these JOINs but now, I think with age, I am much better with them.