Best Alternatives When Adsense Account Isn't Approved?

I've applied for an adsense account two times and had my application rejected. The reasons given weren't entirely satisfactory if I must be honest. Since people made money on the internet long before Google began dominating the search industry I am assuming that one can still make money on the net even if they don't have Google ads on their site. 

I've been exploring other options but haven't quite got the answer I seek.

What do you think are better ways to monetize your site if your site doesn't get much traffic and can't for that reason be approved by other ad networks whose minimum traffic requirements (of about 40,000 page views a month) lock you out? 

12 minutes ago, Jeane said:

I've applied for an adsense account two times and had my application rejected. The reasons given weren't entirely satisfactory if I must be honest. Since people made money on the internet long before Google began dominating the search industry I am assuming that one can still make money on the net even if they don't have Google ads on their site. 

I've been exploring other options but haven't quite got the answer I seek.

What do you think are better ways to monetize your site if your site doesn't get much traffic and can't for that reason be approved by other ad networks whose minimum traffic requirements (of about 40,000 page views a month) lock you out? 

There are still more avenues of monetizing blogs. Adsense can be problematic.

You can make money by selling ad space to individuals and companies. I used to see this method of most effective since the user can't be suspended or denied payment with this method or better still one can try affiliate marketing program using the site without having much traffic.

• 4 months later...

Getting Adsense approved isn't the easy thing. If your Adsense got rejected, make sure to follow all the given guidelines for Adsense account. Google allows Adsense to only a few and genuine users who are dedicated to earning money online by updating content, doing high-quality work. Please follow these:-

These guidelines includes:

•     Apply with the top level domain.
  •     You should be the owner with root access.
  •     Content quality must be high.
  •     Check your age.
  •     Check the site's compliance with AdSense policies.
  •     Length of site ownership.
  •     Check the site's primary language.