Understanding DBMS and RDBMS Differences: Seeking Clarification!

shriyanshi

Hey,

I've been diving into the world of databases and recently read an article discussing the differences between DBMS and RDBMS. While I gained some insights from the article, there are a few points that left me puzzled.

The nuances between DBMS and RDBMS can be subtle, and it's crucial to grasp these differences for effective database management. Here are a couple of questions that have been on my mind:

1. Data Integrity: I understand that RDBMS systems enforce data integrity through foreign keys and relationships, ensuring consistency across tables. How does a standard DBMS handle data integrity? Are there potential issues or best practices to maintain data accuracy?

2. Complex Queries: RDBMS systems excel in handling complex queries involving multiple tables due to their structured nature. In contrast, DBMS might lack this capability. How do DBMS systems manage intricate queries? Are there limitations users should be aware of?

3. Use Cases: When is it appropriate to opt for a DBMS over an RDBMS, considering the specific requirements of a project? Are there scenarios where a DBMS might outperform an RDBMS, or vice versa?

I'm reaching out to this knowledgeable community to seek clarity on these points. If you've encountered similar questions or have expertise in DBMS and RDBMS, I'd greatly appreciate your insights. Sharing your experiences or pointing me toward reliable resources would be immensely helpful.