Nathan

YouTube or Vimeo?

55 members have voted

1. 1. YouTube or Vimeo

• YouTube
    • Vimeo

On 2/21/2012 at 1:48 PM, Nathan said:

Which do you prefer and why?

It seems like I see almost all HD stuff on Vimeo.

I prefer YouTube, just because it works well with the integration of all the other Google products I use and a single sign on.

For the record, I'm not familiar with Vimeo, so it's always been YouTube for me when it comes to having need to video tasks. The database of YouTube is very big that you are definitely going to get almost anything you are looking for on  the site. Monetization of YouTube video clips is also another thing that makes me fancy using it more often. 

Youtube. My answer might be bias since I applied as YT partner and trying to grow my channel plus, let's be honest, Youtube is known by almost everyone than as Vimeo. In my family, most of the videos we watch are from YouTube and no one watch from Vimeo 

Well for me if it's about content quality, specially in movies I'll pick vimeo but when it comes to marketing then YouTube is the second best for me, because it has 1 Billion Subscribers against Vimeo's 100 Million Subscribers. But my first choice is really Facebook which has over 2 Billion active Subscribers.

I prefer youtube because of integration with other sites , apps and of course the monetization side. Although they announced some changes lately, but i think it's all about balancing and opportunity for others. Also there are video editing apps that includes file formats that are specially made to fit youtube.

Definitely Youtube, since it's easily accessible for everyone so there are fewer barriers to entry and the quality is good but the loading times are much better than vimeo. Youtube is also more popular so more people are browsing it and more videos are also available for all your needs.

I prefer YouTube and I am using it to watch videos, listen to music and I have created my own channel there. I create videos mostly by playing video games but not only. I have started with YouTube in 2007 and I am a steady guy, I don't like changes :(

I have been using youtube ever since. It is more comfortable to watch in youtube and most of the videos you are looking for are present in youtube except of course to controversial and private videos. I have tried using vimeo before because of one tv show but I will still prefer youtube .

YouTube for me.  I much more familiar in YouTube and been watching video there and really comfortable using this site.  I just don't like the advertisement there right now, but it's alright.   

I have voted for YouTube because it is my favorite, there I have a channel where most of my videos are about playing CS:GO and Minecraft, besides is it easier to surf and find any video you want, the possibility to make money is high and popularity is high as well.