Nathan

YouTube or Vimeo?

63 members have voted

1. 1. YouTube or Vimeo

• YouTube
    • Vimeo

What about Veoh? It was pretty popular too.

Is it bad that I had never heard of Veoh? I checked it out and it seems decently populated, but I can't help but feel like it's.... people who use Ask.com instead of Google, Yahoo, or Bing. I don't see any benefit to using it.

YouTube, without any doubt. The community is amazing and there are so many talented people there. I'm not saying that Vimeo doesn't have talented people, but YouTube has more. Also, I prefer their design and tools. The variety is something that is really incredible. Everything that you need you can find on YouTube.

I'll pick Youtube over Vimeo mostly due to Youtube reaching broader audience. So really, the opportunity for someone to stumble over my content is huge. However, Vimeo does give you more control of how embedded videos will feel and look, including what is shown like in the video itself, title, creator and all that stuff. Also, the size and dimension of the player may be changed as well as the color of the text. But yeah, I still prefer Youtube. That's what I am use to, and that's what I am gonna stay with.

Youtube because it's OP.

LOL.. ;; Well Youtube for me because I don't even know the other one's site. I've seen it like once or twice when searching videos on google though.

You-tube has the variety. That is where I have put most of my Mars and disclosure videos. I have not done that much with Vimeo but thanks for reminding me. I go by artifactsofmars on You-tube so look up my channel while you are there. I conduct detailed studies of the Mars Exploration Rover photos. Mars has life, artifacts and structures. I will not back down on that statement for anyone.

You-tube's new upload procedures kind of bug me a little but as long as they work, I am happy with them.

I voted for youtube. Since many people use youtube, it has a diverse atmosphere of videos and I can find a video about almost anything I search. Vimeo might have as many features as it, but it hasn't beat its popularity yet. I would consider switching to vimeo once they get more popular. Also, the interface of vimeo seems confusing, but I might be biased in this case due to my heavy usage of youtube.

I use both, but had to vote for YouTube, have been using it for way longer and also got an account and some videos uploaded there so seemed to be the choice to vote for. I've used Vimeo only recently and I like the quality of the videos and it seems to load nicely but old habits die hard so I guess I'm sticking to YouTube a bit more.

Some time ago I used to use Veoh it happened to be quite good, but after sometime they would make you install the player in order to be able to watch whole videos, or else you would only see a short preview of it (I'm not sure if they do this anymore), it got really got annoying after a while so I switched over to YouTube.

Also I use DailyMotion for anything that I can't find on YouTube, it's not a lot but some things that get down due to copyrights or lame reports on YouTube seem to always be found on DailyMotion.

I use Youtube by choice and Vimeo by accident. By accident, I mean I use Vimeo only when a file is presented in that format. Actually I wouldn't have known that Vimeo even existed if I hadn't stumbled on it by mistake.

I think Vimeo is great but it just isn't as popular as YouTube. YouTube has way more features and like I said, it's just more popular meaning you'll get more views. I've used Vimeo a view times and I actually love it but I just don't really get much views on it at all. I also like how YouTube has adsense kind of built into it so that always helps. I'm not sure if Vimeo has some way of making money off of your videos.

I think Vimeo is great but it just isn't as popular as YouTube. YouTube has way more features and like I said, it's just more popular meaning you'll get more views. I've used Vimeo a view times and I actually love it but I just don't really get much views on it at all. I also like how YouTube has adsense kind of built into it so that always helps. I'm not sure if Vimeo has some way of making money off of your videos.

Yeah, that's another thing. Currently, you can't made any monetization off your vimeo videos.

Youtube is certainly first when it comes to traffic but unless your looking for videos of talking cats or strange dance phenomena, I've found vimeo the better alternative. Film professional, designers and artists of all forms seem to be posting more and more to vimeo. I've read several times that vimeo has a definite edge in video compression so it's the clear choice if you're posting HD clips.

I can't even believe this is a question. YouTube hands down is better than ANY video upload/viewing site on the internet. I have yet to experience the speed and range of videos that YouTube has presented and I don't think I will for a very long time.

Any chance of Vimeo going the way of the dinosaurs? Like Youtube may get so big that there's isn't much point in having Vimeo around at all. Or is there any good reason why Vimeo should still be around?

I just use Youtube purely based on instinct. Almost anything you wanna look up, can be found on youtube and it's more commonly known the vimeo. So i just use Youtube for everything and it's not like it can't be embedded into every sort of medium now anyway....i mean tablets, phones, websites, you can pull up youtube or embed videos from it virtually everywhere now. :)

I've never really even used vimeo. It seems ok, but I'll still continue using YouTube because it's what I've been using all along and change is scary...