Tony

Good Tutorial Sites

To me there is nothing more frustrating that trying to find good, CURRENT(up to date) tutorials that actually still apply to the things that I am trying to accomplish. Just the other day I was working on another one of my project sites and came across a site that I've already shared with several people.

http://tutorialzine.com/

I have nothing but good things to say about that site. It's full of good content, and covers a wide variety of topics.

Looks like a great site, I'll bookmark it, cheers for the share.

WEbmonkey for sure. My favourites bar contains an overwhelming amount of links on HTML and CSS but Webmonkey and w3school are two of the best. Check out books from O'Reilly and lynda.com video courses too

Just had a look at WebMonkey. Unless I have missed something, the courses there seem to be free. Are they? There are some which are useful for me like the course on HTML5.

I know a lot of tutorial sites have "premium" areas where you have to pay for the best tutorials but I'm fairly sure that all the content on Webmonkey is free. Tuts+ is one site where there's a premium content area but I'm not sure how much they charge. They do offer many tutorials on css and photoshop and various software packages.

I think that w3schools is a great site and should be on everyone's list of sites to look to for content that is current and relevant to today

You're right, but I would caution against trusting w3 as being right all the time. They do make plenty of mistakes on there, and a lot of times, they don't give the best practices, they just give out-dated examples. I'm not saying their horrible, but don't trust them blindly.