chiller

What programming languages do you know?

Worked with a lot of them during my long career as a Teacher/Trainer and then as a Software Developer and currently as a freelance website progammer. I have knowledge of -

COBOL, C, C++, ORACLE, JAVA. Visual Basic - 5,6,.NET, PHP, Javascript, MySQL, MSSQL Server, Sybase, Power Builder, Foxpro, dbase, And yes, I also know some of assembly.

Oddly enough, I am in pretty much the same shape as the OP.  I know PHP, HTML, CSS, JavaScript and I have been taking classes for Java at udemy.com. 

I have always wanted to learn the C languages but never have had the time to do so.

I learned HTML, CSS, JavaScript, PHP, MySQL, Java, Visual Basic at school but I mostly do things in HTML, CSS, JavaScript and PHP, because I mostly do web projects. I've written some smaller programs in Visual Basic but it's not really my thing. I plan on learning Ruby on Rails in the near future though, because it will be a part of my college classes and I want to be ahead of the curve.

I first interacted with HTML. Later in high school I messed around with JavaScript. In college I got versed in Python and MEL languages.

Mostly I use these languages in Maya Autodesk.

Most of my experience is in web programming so I'm pretty good with html, css, php, & javascript.

I'm currently learning C# at the moment though. I really like this language. Very powerful.

I started with C++ in school, and later had to do some basic C# as well. I also taught myself the basics of angular js, php and html before I started my apprenticeship. Sadly, at work I had to learn and use Progress OpenEdge, which I think is a rather lame language. It doesn't feel powerful, like java or C, and the source code always looks like a kid's poem. It's actually not that bad of a language to use for databases, but it still feels like it wasn't worth learning.

I started with C++ in school, and later had to do some basic C# as well. I also taught myself the basics of angular js, php and html before I started my apprenticeship. Sadly, at work I had to learn and use Progress OpenEdge, which I think is a rather lame language. It doesn't feel powerful, like java or C, and the source code always looks like a kid's poem. It's actually not that bad of a language to use for databases, but it still feels like it wasn't worth learning.

Wow you've done tons. In your opinion, what language IS worth learning? For reference, I'm a total beginner, I'd LIKE to do some web dev OR write phone apps someday