People are going crazy over this site

I pin stuff from my sites and people will like it and repin, but not much traffic to my sites.

That's not true, when people click on your images they are redirected to your site. As an experiment, I pulled 100 popular images fron Pinterest, posted them on a blogger blog and pinned them on Pinterest again. I got :)+ vistors within half an hour so there's a big traffic potential, we just need the right offers to promote.

How are you successful with it?

I pin stuff from my sites and people will like it and repin, but not much traffic to my sites.

Work on getting some more followers. Repin other people's stuff, too, so that you have the chance of those people wanting to follow you as well.

And make sure what you're pinning is worth people clicking through, too. If you post a funny picture, for example, then hey, lots of people may repin it....but they may not click through to your site because they're not expecting anything more than the quick laugh. Use decent captions to start off to encourage people to want to click through and repin because there's even -more- awesomeness on the other side....and then their friends/followers will see the same when they repin.

I had something pinned 3 months ago and I'm still getting a few dozen hits every single day on it. Not everything is successful like that, but it's worth keeping at it if you have any time to spare no it at all.

I've been reading a lot about this site, but haven't checked it out yet. I think it will be a perfect fit for my daytime employment. The main problem with these social networking sites is that they can be a real time suck.