Nathan

• Administrators

Anyone ever play this game? It was bad ass. Wish they would release Evil Genius 2. I have it on Steam. Remember?

I would link you guys, but they don't have a website anymore as they were bought out by Rebellion some years ago. No #2 in the works yet.

Here are some pics though.

5260329565176.png

14343002016083.jpg

6427926378033.jpg

19302620235141.jpg

441267431201.png

12269473244994.jpg

God, that game was awesome. I remember speaking to the devs when it was being made (and I was writing for an online magazine): they said they were hoping to put a multiplayer setup into it where you could build a base then have someone else run through it and try to avoid the traps. Never heard anything official about that, so I assume the idea got stomped on... but it would've been brilliant.

They kinda missed the opportunity to do #2 when the Austin Powers trilogy was in cinemas - would've been the ideal time to release a follow-up! (And yes, I really wish they would, too!)

• Administrators

Every once in a while Rebellion will let 1 sentence or two slip out around the topic of Evil Genius 2 but nothing to make anyone believe it's in the works.

Too bad, one of my all time favorite games.

• 1 month later...

So what you're saying is that this is like a Sims game but you're the bad guy? Releasing a follow-up with this concept and the Austin Powers movie would've been the best move ever. SInce, Doctor Evil is an Evil Genius bent on world domination. Simulating as an Evil Genius bent on world domination would be the perfect game for that time.

Is the game still available? Do they have an offline version of this, where you don't need steam to play it? A good game, I'll research a bit about it.

• Administrators

Is this game still on steam (cant check atm) I might buy it since i have some balance in my steam wallet, only if you recommend it though

One of my favorite games of all time and it's on steam for like $4.99. You won't be disappointed.

I Just bought "The Baconing" Seems like a nice little game to waste my time on.

I still have some balance left, might take it off steam, will do a little research on it though. Whats the estimated completion time?

Edit: Just checked.. It's actually 9.99$ On steam, will have to research it properly before spending that much money

Edited by ridwan sameer

• Administrators

I Just bought "The Baconing" Seems like a nice little game to waste my time on.

I still have some balance left, might take it off steam, will do a little research on it though. Whats the estimated completion time?

Edit: Just checked.. It's actually 9.99$ On steam, will have to research it properly before spending that much money

Nothing to research buy it, you won't be disappointed. Completion time probably 50 hours.

• Administrators

Yeah I was trying to remember more on it, you could beat it if you rushed through and skipped non-required missions in about 50 hours. If you take your time and do everything I would say it would be 100+ hours.

Yeah I was trying to remember more on it, you could beat it if you rushed through and skipped non-required missions in about 50 hours. If you take your time and do everything I would say it would be 100+ hours.

How exactly would you "end" a simulation game? Take over the world?

Btw does this game have strategic battles, Like building your army and then sending them to war with other armies? (Age of empries fan)

How exactly would you "end" a simulation game? Take over the world?

Btw does this game have strategic battles, Like building your army and then sending them to war with other armies? (Age of empries fan)

It's not a simulation and it's not an RTS. It's a sort of "builder" game which follows a set story - you build a base, the James Bond types try to ruin your plan, you defend the base via the stuff you've built (traps and so on). There's no zerging, no unit rush and so on, though you do have henchmen and the like.

There is, quite simply, no other game like Evil Genius as far as I am aware. It's hard to compare it to anything else.

Ya know I read through all this lot and its just alien to me these days LOL. At one point I used to run a server for RTCW (return to castle wolfenstein) but that was about 15 years ago. These days I rarely get time for games.

So Tower Defense + Conquer the world

Sounds very interesting.

I might close the book on the idea of my site and buy this game :P

No, no tower defense. It's not an RTS.

You build your base room by room. You place traps (inside and out). When the good guys arrive (be they UN troops or secret agents), the traps take them out - you hope. If not, send the henchman/men in for a more direct approach.

It's mostly story-based and the story is more important than the gameplay in most parts. I'd suggest reading a review with a bit of video and/or screenshots because it's unlike any other game. If you're expecting an RTS unit-build-fest, you'll be disappointed.