What's your biggest challenge in Website development?

bryce12

For me it's knowing when my site is ready to go public. I often spend enormous amounts of time just redoing some visuals I didn't like for some reason or changing the layout to be just a little bit different, because I'm a perfectionist and I don't want an unfinished site with my name on it on the internet. I feel like sometimes I might be overdoing it and I could've released the site weeks before I actually did it, but for some reason I always want to keep working on them.

• 7 months later...

I hаve а fеw challenges:

Sometimes I catch myѕelf limiting my creativity – designing what I knоw hоw to code rather than dоing somеthing completely innovative and figuring оut how tо make it work later. :)

Not making еnough time to explore аs a designer. I tend tо usе uр all mу time on work projects аnd need to gеt bеtter аt allocating time for creative freedom.

Getting bеttеr at overcoming these challenges іѕ оn my nеw years resolution list :)

The hardest part about web design for me is definitely trying to come up with an original design. The back end work is the fun part. What's very difficult for me is creating a professional look & feel that is original and doesn't suck or mimic some other site. I'm getting better over time but I still dread that aspect of web development every time I start a new project. I can't wait to get it over with so I can start on the back end.

The hardest part of web development for me is the look & feel of the site. I have a very hard time trying to come up with original & creative looking designs. I find it very difficult not to subconsciously copy designs and ideas from other sites that I like.

I'm always relieved once I'm done with the front end and I can begin the fun part. Coding the brains is really fun to me because there are more challenges and logic based rather than creative based problems.

• 3 years later...

My biggest probem as of now is, the Design. it's so hard to decide on what version of design will you going to publish because many websites now looks the same than others , header,footer,righ-left adsense, navigation bar, search toolbar, they all looks like the same and that's why i'm always making my project unique than other to attract more visitors and to make it more interesting than others. so design is my problem, how will i make it unique than on my competence company and how will i make it more interesting than them? that's all i'm thinking so i'm developing at least 3 version of design of one project and make a decision with the team.

• 5 months later...

I have't met a web designer or developer yet who had claim to make a professional website without facing any challenges. In my web designing career i have faced may challenges over the year, here is my experience in facing the challenges of a web developer. First of all it is very difficult to tell the cost of one project before we begin it and the client always ask me this question that how much it is going to cost. It is very difficult to agree on a budget upfront because no one knows how much time and effort one project can consume before we finish it. Clients always seem for forget to mention minor requirements which will lead to extra work for us. A website is not done completely when it is launched, there is always more to be done after it. Making the website safe from spam and hacking is one hell of a job. Site keep braking after an upgrade. Once i had to get help from a professional website designer revglue.com/bespoke to redesign a website. Well these are some of the problems i face as a web developer.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well for me its everything. I still have to know thing about developing my website. I don't have any problem about designing but what's my problem is how I should input all those designs I have. I am still at the basic so basically I don't really know yet the whole thing about web development.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

One greatest Challenge as web designer would be the program under which execution matters, as far as stacking time of calls to the server. Another eventual the tally of programming devices (CSS ,JS) records. In the event that they are vast in number, one can restrict by consolidating js/css records and utilize sprites where conceivable.

• 1 year later...

One of the biggest challenges that I face being a developer is making any website run smoothly on the majority of platforms such as desktop, smartphones, iPads, watch, and many more. Apart from these various other challenges that I face are UI/UX, performance, security, and understanding of various frameworks and platforms.

One of the effective ways that I follow to resolve this is to keep an eye on the latest web development trends and make my website as per the trends in the market. Besides this, I carry out thorough testing of the website on various platforms to make sure that it runs efficiently on all these platforms.

• 1 year later...

Hey bryce12,

I wish that you are enjoying your Web Development carrier. However developing a website and maintaining it regularly is  a very challenging process and one might face some major difficulties during this process!

In my answer I have mentioned some of those challenges and difficulties that I am facing in my carrier !

Web developers are faced with different sorts of problems every day in their line of work. Web development can be complicated, and each website is different. With the increasing number of different browsers available today, developers must ensure that the website that they develop is suitable to work on all of them.

Following are some of my major difficulties:

1.Different platforms and browsers.

2.User Experience

3.Security

4.Speed