Nathan

• Administrators

So as I'm sure many of you know the theme here on DeveloperBase.net is not a custom one. Since there are other sites out there using the same one I decided we need something custom that you have not seen anywhere else before. So it's in the works, Ehren from IPBForumskins should be starting on one next week. I'm excited to see what he comes up with!

• Administrators

I think I will leave this one in the skin changer below just in case anyone wants to keep it, but the new one will be the default.

Any big site that pretty much has it's own custom theme. I have even seen some sites that are in the same niche as me adapt this theme after visiting here...kinda annoying. So this should solve that problem and set us apart.

When it comes to the internet it's always hard to find something that is truly unique. I look forward to seeing the new theme although I must say that the current one is simply lovely.

I think I will leave this one in the skin changer below just in case anyone wants to keep it, but the new one will be the default.

Any big site that pretty much has it's own custom theme. I have even seen some sites that are in the same niche as me adapt this theme after visiting here...kinda annoying. So this should solve that problem and set us apart.

Don't worry so much about the copycats... think of all the Flippa copies out there, none of them can replace the real thing. They don't have the substance that your forum has :)

I love the current theme but curious to find out what the new design is going to be like.....

• Administrators

We have had a few iterations back and forth, but hopefully it will be finished soon.

I will leave this theme out there as well for people that prefer it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

It's live now, what do you guys think?

You can still change back to the old skin if you prefer, just scroll to the bottom where it says "Change Theme".

This new theme is nice! When i first logged in, i was like... hmmm this is different. Then i started looking around and it's so much better. The footer area is, IMO, the biggest upgrade. Second would go to the header. Having the dedicated link to your profile on top right, is a big improvement.

I would like to point out on the forum home page that the forum image is far too close to the text. It's on the verge of overlapping. I'm seeing this on ie and chrome.

Edited by ChuckTesta

I was having a small problem with the links not actually being clickable and Safari not really enjoying the new style however a hard refresh fixed everything.

Oh good, I thought you guys were working on another custom skin and abandoning this one but turns out this one IS the custom skin. Well I like it a lot :D

We do have another new theme that I am currently working on. The first test indicate a very large annoyance however I see room for improvement. Check it out: http://bit.ly/MJWqCo

• Nathan locked this topic