Do you believe in a clean desktop?

• 5 months later...

My laptop's desktop is a nightmare. However, within the folders of my desktop everything is well organized and lovely. I feel like if I messed with my specific organization now, I could really cause a mess within the structure I've accidentally created. :P

I might get to fixing it all eventually, but that's a goal for another day.

Mine only has the Recycle Bin on it. I don't really need because something is in fullscreen mode most of the time anyway. I do have my most used programs like Chrome, Sublime Text 2, some Folders and some Games pinned to my taskbar, so I don't have to tab to my desktop to open them. It's just more convenient for me this way. I also like saving stuff on the desktop, but only when I delete it right after. Something like screenshots, which I will upload straight away will be on my desktop for no more than 5 minutes before I remove them. I just can't stand cluttered desktops and all, because I like the clean feel when my desktop is empty.

believe in a clean desktop, yes.

It's just such a pity that a clean desktop doesn't believe in me. It feels weird to get rid of certain things, even if I never use them as shortcuts. One of these days I'll install rainmeter and such, but I think I'll need a proper upgrade before I do that.

• 6 months later...

My desktop is an absolute mess most of the time. I actually like it to be clean, but I tend so save so many images and videos, that it always fills up pretty quickly. When it's full I normally just create a new folder and put everything inside. This used to be quite useful, but over time this just made it even messier, since I'm also too lazy to rename those folders. Now I'm sort of stuck with multiple new folders (up to new folder(42)), of which some even split up into ~5-10 other "new folders". I never find what I'm looking for, in a situation where I need something specific.

My desktop is an absolute mess most of the time. I actually like it to be clean, but I tend so save so many images and videos, that it always fills up pretty quickly. When it's full I normally just create a new folder and put everything inside. This used to be quite useful, but over time this just made it even messier, since I'm also too lazy to rename those folders. Now I'm sort of stuck with multiple new folders (up to new folder(42)), of which some even split up into ~5-10 other "new folders". I never find what I'm looking for, in a situation where I need something specific.

HOW DO YOU SURVIVE??