• Administrators

Sort of a simpler (free) version of the aweber subscription machine, which requires an email subscription before letting you download the "free" file on offer. Nice, neat idea... I wonder where their marketing comes in. Presumably on the download page?

Nothing yet, still trying to decide how to market it. Maybe it will just be a tool I include here for Digitize Design.

Or just send them through one of the paid link providers, like adf.ly or something. Annoying as hell but it'd pay nice.

My opinion? Don't put any marketing in it yet. Let it grow first, then when it has huge numbers of people using it, slap ads on the page. People will pay plenty to put their ad on that kind of service once it's popular.

Alternatively, don't monetise it at all and just use it to advertise your brand name, so that they check out other things you're doing.

That's actually a really awesome concept. :) I might have to try this....will work nicely for my site in the long run I think. :P It never ceases to amaze me what stuff people come up with for websites or online scripts of sorts. It's quite interesting to think of what Web 3.0 will be like in a few years :)

I agree that its a great concept. It is easier to get people to tweet or update their FB status than to convince them to fill stupid surveys. I will start using this code on my sites and see how it goes.

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent Site. I was looking for something like this. Just make sure that the link to download is encoded, so that the curious ones cannot open the source and get it. It will get a lot of popularity. I am certain of that. I would also like to add the option to select two types of locking. One is the pop-up one and the other is the Javascript one that locks the whole screen. That would provide even more conversions.

I've decided to use this site when I get my PSO server back online. It'll actually be a great way to get the server name out there and hopefully get people to download the client and play on the server. So thanks so much for this Nate!