• Administrators

Has anyone upgraded to LinkedIn's paid Premium Membership?

I got an offer if I buy an entire year it's only $7.95/month. Wondered if it's actually worth it. Would like to see who all views my profile.

Never done it personally. Cant see how it would be worth it to be honest. I find it handy for keeping contact with some people who I wouldnt ordinarily to be honest and thats the only reason I have an account in the first place.

I like it just to see who all is looking at my profile, what keywords people search to find my profile ect...

Suppose for that price may be worth checking out for a year if its something your interested in I guess.

I think it's a great option if you use LinkedIn to network with other professionals. I haven't tried it but I have come across instances when I want to see someone's complete profile and Linkedin asks me to upgrade. I don't use Linkedin that much but it's a small price to pay if you are using the site for professional reasons.

Edited by bryce12

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

I dont really find the usefullness of linkedin... It's a more business approach of facebook am i right?

Yeah I guess. Way to professionally connect with people that you wouldn't necessarily friend request on Facebook.

I don't use LinkedIn enough yet to upgrade but I may in the future.

It was cool for a few hours. I'm over it now. A waste of $100 bucks I think now.

It was cool for a few hours. I'm over it now. A waste of $100 bucks I think now.

I suppose people who partly depend on LinkedIn to run their business will get the use out of it, but most don't.

Yeah I guess. Way to professionally connect with people that you wouldn't necessarily friend request on Facebook.

I always assumed that was the case, but never really had any proof. I can still do a lot with the basic membership.

• 1 year later...

I can't remember or not, but I think you can even see people who had their accounts set to not show any information about themselves when they are viewing profiles. It's been a while since I was a subscriber, I dropped it when I stopped looking for work, since I didn't really need it. I would only really use it if I was job hunting. In fact, upgrading to it can almost be seen as a sign that you are job hunting, so be careful with that.

• 6 months later...