Android or iOS

bryce12

Honestly, this has been debated time and time again. It really boils down to your personal character and preference.

Apple paved the way with their initial launch of the iphone in 2007. SInce then, Android has been playing copycat and catchup. I believe they both have their positives and negatives. Apple is a closed system, not allowing anyone to add applications before testing and approval from Apple. On the other hand google android has a fairly open platform and will allow anyone to add an app. The benefit of Apple is their security (from typical people/hackers). while android allows an open platform and almost any hacker can infiltrate their device and take it over. It's quite simple to introduce malicious code on an Android Vs iPhone.

So, if you require a platform that gives you certain freedoms-Android is the way to go. If you require a certain level of security comfort or battery life, i'd go with iPhone.

I couldn't agree more that it's frustrating with iOS. I'm a jailbreak user, so I'm always waiting for exploits to be used so I can finally install things on my phone which I've grown accustomed to.

If I wasn't so attached to the OS, battery life and fluid ness with all my other computing needs, I'd jump ship and stick to android.

On a side note; I just ordered my "The new iPad"!!! (which is the stupidest name Apple has ever come up with)

I did! :P I ordered in about 1am this morning. The new ones are the exact same price points the previous models have been. The ipad2 has been reduced 100 on all models until sold out.

Edit:

Wifi only: 16gb, 32gb, 64gb - $499, $599, $699

Wifi + 4G LTE: 16gb, 32gb, 64gb - $629, $729, $829

I've never been much of an Apple-head either. The only thing I Iike about apple products is that they never catch any virus or malware. Other than that I really can't think of anything else. I guess I'm just really used to Android. Plus Apple devices carry a pocket-draining price so nothing to do here!

I have an iPod Touch with iOS, but my mobile doesn't have either. I don't need a phone that has either, nor can I afford it! I quite like iOS on my iPod Touch, but I can't compare it with Android as I barely have any experience in using it.

While I currently have an iPhone, I plan on switching to android the next time I upgrade. The fact that android phones are now dominating the market, it's obvious which direction things will be heading.

• Administrators

While I currently have an iPhone, I plan on switching to android the next time I upgrade. The fact that android phones are now dominating the market, it's obvious which direction things will be heading.

I disagree look at the amount of money Apple is raking in. The interface just isn't there yet, it's still doesn't seem to operate as smoothly.

I disagree and I think any profit reports you see will show the same. The interface just isn't there yet, it's still not as streamlined.

Android smartphones have been the market leader by a huge margin for a long time now.

Google's Android OS finished 2011 with 47.3 percent U.S. smartphone market share, according to comScore. No. 2 Apple iOS garnered 29.6 percent share, thanks to the iPhone 4S.

Source: eweek.com

Android's share of the worldwide smartphone market was 52.3% for Q3, double what it was a year ago, according to fresh data from Gartner. Apple's iOS dropped on a year over year basis to 15% market share for Q3.

Source: businessinsider.com

• Administrators

Yeah, but I don't think that's a fair way to look at it.

Androids are offered on more carriers than the iPhone. You also have many phone manufactures that us Android while only 1 phone that offers iOS. If you compare 1 model of Android phone to the 1 iPhone I think that would be a better look.

I'm by far an "Apple Fan Boy", but I just don't see how anyone can top the iPhone.

Yeah, but I don't think that's a fair way to look at it.

Androids are offered on more carriers than the iPhone. You also have many phone manufactures that us Android while only 1 phone that offers iOS. If you compare 1 model of Android phone to the 1 iPhone I think that would be a better look.

I'm by far an "Apple Fan Boy", but I just don't see how anyone can top the iPhone.

Comparing one phone model to another is a completely different comparison. This topic refers to Apple's OS and Google's OS. Sounds pretty fair to me to compare them this way. :unknw:

But looking at just individual phones, when you look at the article I linked above the source links to: http://www.gartner.c....jsp?id=1848514

This shows that Samsung specifically is still dominating Apple in worldwide sales by a long shot.

Android any day! I really love this operating system because of whole bunch of softwares at my disposal!

I really like to download the applications that suit my interests and also some entertainment based applications like talking cat, etc.

Whereas iOS seems to be loosing its touch on its customers! I think the best iPhone ever made was iPhone 3G S, and after that it kind of started depriving!

• 6 years later...

I am currently using an iOS device but I really prefer the Android devices. Unlike iOS, Android devices are very user-friendly and can be easily controlled by the user. I have this iOS device because I love their camera. However, ultimately I still choose Android.

Android or iOS: Honestly the phone I am using now is my very first cellphone I owned by my self, and it is an adroid phone. I really appreciate how it function and never experience any problem with it. I never tried to use an iOS type even touch a device that was a iOS one so I can't compare the two.

I have only owned one apple device and after that I stuck with android ever since. Apple devices are honestly overpriced for the basic use that I do on mobile phones. I don't play games that much nor do I use cameras daily. I also had issues with iOS compatibility with other software,, it just doesn't play well with others.

I think I would prefer android because it is more easy and convenient to use. I've been using it so far for a longer period of time already and I didn't experienced any problems with it that is why I would really recommend it to anyone out there. I have an android smartphone which I am using everyday for my freelancing activities and it is really helpful for me to do my set of tasks everyday.