Which hosting is better for a forum or any big site?

kingpost

Hello

Please suggest me the best hosting site that i can use for a forum or any large traffic site.

I am using Hostwinds now, But my friends suggested me to use godaddy or hostgator. Please share your thoughts, which should i use?

Thanks

If your current hosting provides unlimited bandwidth, huge or unlimited disk space, if it's up 99.9% of the time, and price is fair then I believe that you don't need to change or transfer to another host provider. 

Another important factor to consider is the customer service.  I'm not a programmer so most of the time I rely on my host provider to explain technical things to me and fortunately they were able to do this and more.  That's why I'm still with them for around 3 years now. :turned:

I think both Hostgator and Godaddy are worth a try. I am currently trying my luck with Hostgator and it allows one year of free hosting service but for basic website. A new freebie like me is happy even getting one year of free hosting service may be in this year I will earn some advertising and try to promote my website so that I can start earning from it in the second year. Second year I will obviously pay Hostgator to give me more benefits for the website, once I am up and running in the market it will be easy for me to invest in that little amount per year!

I think both Hostgator and Godaddy are worth a try. I am currently trying my luck with Hostgator and it allows one year of free hosting service but for basic website. A new freebie like me is happy even getting one year of free hosting service may be in this year I will earn some advertising and try to promote my website so that I can start earning from it in the second year. Second year I will obviously pay Hostgator to give me more benefits for the website, once I am up and running in the market it will be easy for me to invest in that little amount per year!

Hostgator giving you 1 year free hosting? how lol?

I have to agree with Jaypee. Essentially the old adage of "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". If however you do want feedback on the companies mentioned, I have gotten very good technical and customer service from GoDaddy. Any time I have had a question, I was never made to feel like a bother or an idiot. Good luck to you .

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

LiquidWeb for sure.  Been using them for a few months now, absolutely the best.

I have used HostGator which is quite a bit cheaper than LiquidWeb. Is it worth it to make the switch? I mean HostGator is $4 per month while LiquidWeb is $13 per month. Is there something extra that LiquidWeb provides?

I am using Stable Host Enterprise plan which is in sense a big shared hosting account. I have had some problems with it but I am running a blog and a forum on the same account and I am running a bridge to make both websites talk to each other. I am going to be building a server over the winter and then my website will have all the horsepower it needs for future growth.

Greg

• Administrators

I have used HostGator which is quite a bit cheaper than LiquidWeb. Is it worth it to make the switch? I mean HostGator is $4 per month while LiquidWeb is $13 per month. Is there something extra that LiquidWeb provides?

It depends on your needs. LiquidWeb provides fully managed support.  They will install, troubleshoot custom application etc...all for you within a matter of minutes of submitting a ticket.  For dedicated servers I don't think there is anyone out there as good,  for shared hosting I haven't ever tested so hard for me to say.  But you do get what you pay for.

I would stay away from godaddy hosting they are terrible. Godaddy is good for domain names but anything after that I wouldn't risk. Just my 2 cents.

I'd prefer you explain what issues you've had with them.  Just saying they are terrible doesn't do any good unless there are facts to back it.

• 4 years later...
On 8/30/2013 at 12:20 PM, kingpost said:

Hello

Please suggest me the best hosting site that i can use for a forum or any large traffic site.

I am using Hostwinds now, But my friends suggested me to use godaddy or hostgator. Please share your thoughts, which should i use?

Thanks

I would recommend Godaddy. It is a good site and can serve you better

GoDaddy is the only site I’ve personally used for hosting and I went with them originally because of their great reputation. Nothing but good things to say about them. If you’re a big site and expecting a lot of traffic I think the big names give you some peace of mind.

21 hours ago, amelia88 said:

GoDaddy is the only site I’ve personally used for hosting and I went with them originally because of their great reputation. Nothing but good things to say about them. If you’re a big site and expecting a lot of traffic I think the big names give you some peace of mind.

To be honest, if you Google top 10 best hosting service providers then you'll probably encounter GoDaddy at the 1st or 2nd place in any list. On the first page of Google at least.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/26/2018 at 6:54 PM, Alania said:

To be honest, if you Google top 10 best hosting service providers then you'll probably encounter GoDaddy at the 1st or 2nd place in any list. On the first page of Google at least.

That's a big part of why I decided to use them initially. Sure, I could take a risk and go with a cheaper, less well known alternative, but honestly I value stability and reliability when it comes to my website. It's not something I feel comfortable really deviating from. 

6 minutes ago, Bravosi said:

Well since you're going to have a large amount of traffic, then I would suggest you to get a hosting suitable for that. Just go for BlueHost. I always recommend it. It's cheap, user friendly, and effective.

BlueHost is my 2nd choice always, haha. I always recommend people to go for GoDaddy because I'm more comfortable around it, but BlueHost is great too. To be honest, I've never really gone beyond these two.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/30/2013 at 2:20 PM, kingpost said:

Hello

Thanks

Different hosting service providers offer different types of services. Some of the common web hosting are Shared Hosting, WordPress Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS Hosting, Dedicated Hosting, Private Email Hosting, Cloud Hosting, Managed Hosting and so on.

Edited by alexpaul
submit button click by mistake.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

The better hosting for a forum or big site depends on several factors, including:

Traffic volume: You need a hosting that can handle high traffic volumes, especially during peak hours.

Scalability: Choose a hosting that can grow with your website, so you won't have to switch to another provider as your site grows.

Performance: You want a hosting that provides fast loading speeds, so your visitors won't get frustrated waiting for pages to load.

Reliability: Choose a hosting with a high uptime guarantee, so your site will be available for your visitors most of the time.

Support: Consider a hosting with good customer support, especially if you're not tech-savvy.

Based on these criteria, some of the most popular options for hosting big sites include cloud hosting, dedicated hosting, and managed WordPress hosting. It's always best to compare several providers and read reviews from other users before making a decision.